"Just drop it, okay? It's none of your business and I don't want to talk about it anymore." I whispered, ignoring his eyes. It's times like this I start to regret opening up to him so soon about my life but when we were spending hours together I started to look forward to the sleep deprived deep convo breaks that took our minds off the lab report due before class the next day.

I heard a loud sigh come from his end of the car and could see him visibly shaking his head from the corner of my eye. Thankfully before he could pry into my life more a car behind us beeped and he turned back to the road and begins driving.

Jared quickly ordered for us when we came to the drive thru window, getting our usual meals. He sat the bag in my lap and paid the lady at the window before driving off again.

"I could've paid myself," I say in a bored voice. I was starting to feel the guilt.

He scoffed, squeezing his hands on the wheel until they turn white.

"Thanks," I mutter, barely loud enough for him to hear me. He looks at the road and pretends I am not even here. Jared always gives me the cold shoulder when he feels like I'm wrong about something. I guess it's his way of forcing me to come to my senses and realize how much of a horrible person I am. It's a great strategy for him because he could last days on end without talking to me but I always started to feel guilty and end up apologizing. It doesn't help that most of the time he was right.

He pulled into the driveway of my dad's house. He cut the engine and was inside before I could blink.

"Drama queen," I said to myself while holding the food and walking inside. I made my way up the stairs to my room. I was sort of relieved when I spotted him on my bed laying back tossing one of the stuffed animals that sit on my bed. "I want that key back."

He didn't look up at me and just kept bouncing the cotton pig, making it go so high one time it hit the ceiling before propelling back down into his hands.

I sighed, sat the food on my dresser, and smirked as I ran over to my bed and pounced on the other side of him making him tumble off the bed because of how close he already was to the edge. After he sat up I gave him an innocent look while he glared at me with cold eyes that would make any human back down in fear.

"Oops?" I giggled lying back on the bed hoping he would accept my unspoken way of saying sorry. Before I knew it he was straddling over me with my hands pinned above my head so I couldn't fight back. I tried to break free of his hold but it was no use. He was about to kill me.

"You know what's about to happen. You know what you have to say, so say it or else." He whispered looking me directly in the eyes. I was in a frolicking mood now and all my previous anger and irritation had melted away. He wants to play, let's play.

"No."

"Then you leave me with no choice." He said confidently with playful glints in his eyes and before I could protest he was tickling me. I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I moved around frantically screaming 'NO!' and 'stop please' but it was no use he was on a roll and obviously wasn't going to stop until I said what he wanted me to.

"Okay! Okay! I-I'll s-s-say it! J-JUST plea-please stop!" And not even a second after I said that he was hovering over me again waiting for my response. "I'm sorry."

"...For?"

"Being a jerk to you... and you were right. I need to cut Laurina some slack." He smiled at my apology before meeting my eyes again.

"Was that so hard?" He asked, but I couldn't reply because I was in a daze, feeling as if I was swimming in his deep brown eyes and award winning smile. From this angle, his eyes looked darker with a speck of light in them. Our breathing slowed down and I saw his gaze move down my face but it was so quick I questioned if I had just envisioned it. I didn't say anything and he didn't either. Our heads gravitated slowly towards each other and we were only half a centimeter apart, eyes closing when Laurina opened the door.