Chapter 3

~March~

Today, I'm going with Kelsey and Ellie to find a prom dress. I'm not too excited about prom, but it is my senior year, so I need to look the best that I can. I took a shower and put on a strapless black tank top, black shorts, a white 3/4 inch sleeve sweater, nylons, knee-high socks, and light brown lace up boot heels. I left my hair naturally wavy since I still didn't know what I was going to do with it for prom, which was only a month away.

I walked downstairs to find Ellie already here. She had been over a few times in the past month, so her and my sister were friends. It made me happy to know that the two most important people in my life got along with each other. We all got into my car and drove to the dress shop. Kelsey plugged her iPod in and played it through the speakers. Ellie wasn't much for rock music, but she got used to it on our drives. I sang along as usual.

"I don't wanna walk around the maze.

I can't find the way out.

I don't wanna wander here for days.

I can't find the way out.

The shadows surround me.

I've never been here before.

I need you to save me.

Feels like I'm falling apart.

Pain led the way here,

Left me for dead in the dark.

I can feel the ground begin to cave.

Could you show the way out?

I know I'm gonna fall as it decays.

Could you make the way out?

The shadows surround me.

I've never been here before.

I need you to save me.

Feels like I'm falling apart.

Pain led the way here,

Left me for dead in the dark.

Without you, I'm faded.

Fear found it's way to the heart.

I need you to save me.

Don't let me die in the dark.

In the dark.

Save me.

Save me.

I need you to save me.

Feels like I'm falling apart.

Pain led the way here,

Left me for dead in the dark.

Without you, I'm faded.

Fear found it's way to the heart.

I need you to save me.

Don't let me die in the dark.

In the dark..."

I parked and we all got out of the car, walking into the store. Ellie had already gotten her dress prior to this, so it was just me who would be trying on dresses. I tried on what seemed like a million dresses until I found the right one. I also found my graduation dress, which killed two birds with one stone. Kelsey paid and we walked back out.

I drove all of us to a nearby beach that made the best pina coladas in Florida. I hadn't gotten the chance to drop off my letter somewhere yesterday, so I left it on one of the benches near the little shop and we walked to where the tables were. I faced away from the benches so I wouldn't know who picked it up, though I so desperately wanted to know. Ellie sat next to me and Kelsey sat across from us, both of them enjoying their drinks.