Chapter 2

~February~

I'm laying on Kelsey's couch, scrolling through my phone. I got a two text notifications. When I opened it up, I saw it was Ellie. I smiled and replied back to her quickly.

Ellie: Hey! What's up? :)

Me: Hi! Not a whole lot, just chilling with my sister. You? :) x

Ellie: Same! I didn't know you had a sister... How old is she? :)

Me: She's 22. How old is yours? :) x

Ellie: Well I actually have two. My younger one is 15 and my older one, who I'm spending time with, is 20 :)

Me: Sweet! :) x

Ellie: Yes! Do you want to hang out later?

Me: Sure! Just us? x

Ellie: Well Brady wants to come too... ;)

Me: Oh lord, not with that again! You've been bugging me about him all week! ;) x

Ellie: Not gonna lie, you guys would be cute together

Me: Well that's very sweet, but I'm not interested in finding a boyfriend x

Ellie: Suit yourself! We're going to the beach, so make sure you wear a bathing suit! I'll see you in a few hours :)

Me: Alright. Bye! x

I stood up from the couch and walked upstairs to the bathroom, taking off all of my clothes and taking a shower. Once I was done, I got out and dried myself off, drying my hair. I put on a simple strapless purple bikini. I put on a strapless black crop top that zipped in the front and high waist shorts that had different colors and patterns on them and some jewels on the side. I grabbed my flip flops and ran into Kelsey's room, telling her where I was going, and went to my car.

Yesterday was Friday, so I left my last note of the week in a nearby park. After an hour or so, the note was gone. Yesterday was also Valentines Day, which meant I spent the night at my parents house because Kelsey had her boyfriend over.

I drove to the beach, which was about an hour away. I played music the whole time so I wouldn't get bored. When I was around five minutes away, one of my favorite songs came on, so I put it on full blast and sang along to the parts I could, since it was a bit out of my vocal range.

"This is for those who wait!

Another day, another waiting game.

A little different but it's still the same.

I am here, but where's the one I'm longing for?

I'm having trouble feeling all alone.

Will my heart ever find a home?

I want to hope but sometimes I just don't know.

I know I'm not the only one.

So we sing a lullaby to the lonely hearts tonight.

Let it set your heart on fire

Let it set you free.

When you're fighting to believe

In a love that you can't see,

Just know there is a purpose

For those who wait.

I want to open up my eyes.

I know that all I need is time.

I'm growing stronger every single day.