Chapter Ten - Piper

My sisters and I walked down the hall. I kept looking at them to see what they were staying silent about. I finally decided to speak up.

"Arabella?" I asked.

"Yes Piper?"

Whitney gave me a stern look.

"What happened? What was the diagnosis?" I asked with a worried, but curious look on my face.

She looked shocked at first, but then she gave a slight smile and replied. "He doesn't really know yet, but he should have it around my birthday. Don't worry about it, though. I'm sure it'll be fine."

I could tell Whitney had had enough. She didn't want to see her sister like this. "Arabella! He knows something, but he isn't telling us! I can just tell."

We looked at her, and I cocked my head. Arabella coughed, and there was silence. Whitney closed her eyes and sighed.

"I'm going back, and I'm going to ask that doctor what is wrong with my sister!" She cried, with her hand on her forehead.

Arabella put a hand on Whitney's shoulder and smiled sympathetically. "I don't think that'll be very necessary." She nodded in the direction above my head.

I quickly turned around and immediately felt adrenaline in my throat. I was getting dizzy. I felt too contained. My vision became circles. Dark circles dancing around in my eyes. I closed them and shook my head. I looked up once again, to find Dr. Banner himself. "Speak of the devil," I murmured to myself and looked down slightly.

"What is it, doc? Anything about my..." she moved her hand to her mouth and whispered to him, "changes?"

He lightly chuckled, and replied, "No, I just need you to come with me." He looked at Whitney, who still had an overwhelmed look on her face. He returned his sight to Arabella. "Your sisters can come in. It's just a normal checkup for all your five senses. Just to see something for my prognosis."

We followed him into the room and he put on his glasses. "Why just me? Why aren't they getting a checkup, too? We are full siblings, have the same parents, so we should have some of the same genes." My eldest sister is quite nerdy when it comes to chromosomes. Oh well, what are you going to do?

Dr. Banner got a worried look on his face. "Well, I guess you have a point. But they haven't had any of your symptoms." I looked down. I dared not tell him about my dizziness in the hall. What did I feel? Whitney was sure feeling something too, right? "But, if it makes you feel better, I'm sure it could help me with my duties." We all shortly giggled.

Oh boy, do I love my family.