Happy Birthday [S1:E3]

Start from the beginning

"Great," he said. "Make sure you mention the free oil change."

"Would you be able to take him now?"

Buddy looked up at me. "Why?"

I shrugged. "I don't like looking at him."

That's when he peered inside and spotted the man, assessing him from afar.

"Jake!" Buddy called. "Go get that man's truck and bring it around back."

Jake disappeared.

"What's goin' on?"

"He's a bit of an ass," I confessed. "Actually, he's a really big ass. The other day he walked in on me and my friends at the bar we're opening and basically announced his distaste for the LGBT community."

"You're right. He's a big ass."

"I know!"

"While me and Jake change his tires someone's gotta watch the front, but once we're done with that you can come back here. I'll make Jake answer the phones for you till he leaves."

"Deal."

I walked back into the shop and Andy wasted no time ruining more of my mood.

"No girls allowed in the back?"

I rolled my eyes. "You get a free oil change with your tires."

He sat in the chair across from my desk. "Guess you'll have to put up with me for a while."

I shook my head and looked down.

"Happy birthday to me," I mumbled.

* * *

"And you're telling me you didn't kill him?" Megan asked.

"No," I answered. "But I thought about it."

"Of course you did."

"He's an ass."

"A big ass."

At this I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm sorry that happened on your big day."

I sighed. "It seems I have bad luck on birthdays."

"No offense, but you have bad luck on a lot of days."

"You're not making this better," I challenged.

"Maybe I can make it better when I get back from grocery shopping," she flirted. "When's training with Danna?"

"Not until seven," I said. "Apparently she had stuff to do back in Baldwin."

"Well if I don't make it home before you leave I hope your day gets better."

"It's already better now that I've talked to you."

"I'm so glad you're comfortable with being cheesy."

I smiled. "Only with you."

"Better only be with me."

"I love you," I finished.

"I love you too."

Then we hung up as I arrived at our apartment. Since I had a few hours before training I decided to take a nap, and when I woke Megan still wasn't home. I figured she had gotten stuck in traffic, which was normal around this time. Although, I really wanted to see her before I had to leave.

But unfortunately that didn't happen, forcing me to leave without seeing my girlfriend. Hopefully Danna didn't have much on her agenda today. Even though I was twenty-one and it was Friday I really wouldn't mind an evening in with Megan. That seemed to be one of my biggest pleasures nowadays. Everything else came in second.