T H I R T Y - E I G H T

D E T E C T I V E B E L V I N S

I sit down staring at Kiera John's new born baby girl. She's a beautiful baby. Kiera and Dominique came out to be fine. They are running a few more tests on the baby. The girls came out to be clean and surprisingly healthy.

Aniya has been knocked out for a few hours. It's been a day and she hasn't woken up yet. She has fractured ribs and a few bruises on her leg. There is no chance that she's pregnant or have any diseases which I thank God for. I walk into her hospital room and sit down. The nurse is talking to her and they both look back at me.

"Hi detective she's up and talking. Ms. Conley you can eat when you're ready. I'll be back soon.", the nurse walks out of the room and Aniya looks down.

"Your mom should be here soon. How are you feeling?", I ask her. Aniya rubs her eyes and looks up at me. She starts crying silently.

"Are you the one that found me?", she asks quietly. I nod my head yeah and she covers her mouth. "Thank you so much."

"This is my job. We've been looking for you for a long time now. You also helped us with big leads. We got Jarvis Stills and Marco .. I can't remember his last name.", I respond scratching my head. Aniya giggles and that makes me feel better.

"Did I... did I kill Marco? I didn't mean to honestly I didn't.", Aniya says quickly. She's so young and she's scared. I get up and sit on the edge of her bed.

I grab her arm and shake them a little. "Aniya you didn't kill him. Even if you did you will be fine. Marco was found trying to find you. Javier his brother was found also. Jarvis was found in his basement dead."

Aniya reaches up and hugs me. "I thank you so much. You didn't have to do this but you did. How are my friends?", she asks.

"Dominique went to social services to try and find her baby's father address. She should be back in a few hours. Kiera had a little girl.. she named her Aniya.", I inform her. She starts crying of joy and hugs me again.

The door busts open and Tremaine stops in the doorway. He sees Aniya and breaks down. I leave out of the room to give them some time. Out in the hallway stands Angela and a little girl. Angela walks over to me and hugs me.

"I'm so scared to go in there. Is she okay?", she asks me.

"Angela.. I know you are scared but you should go and see her. I wish I could have the same chance as you.", I admit. Angela nods her head and walks in. The little girl looks up at me and she has tears in her eyes. I lean down and smile at her. "And what's your name?"

"Tiana.", she replies looking down. She starts messing with the Tutu she has on.

"You must be a ballerina huh?", I ask her. She nods and looks around. Kiera comes out of the room in a wheelchair with the baby in her arms. Tiana sees the baby and gets happy.

"Hi detective!", Kiera beams. I'm glad that they are happy. "Hi cutie.. wanna see the baby?"

Tiana looks up at me and shakes her head no. "I gotta ask my daddy. He say no talk to strangers.", she says seriously. I chuckle and pick her up.

"Well this is your auntie's friend. She had a baby and she named her after your auntie. I think she wants to see you. Plus your Daddy won't mind.", I say. Tiana touches the baby and giggles. Kiera smiles and pinches Tiana's cheeks. "Kiera, Aniya's family is in there. You wanna come back later?", I ask her.