Chapter 24- Inner Beast

Start from the beginning

I turned with a heavy heart and head briskly through the door. I rummaged through my pocket for my car keys.

Twenty minutes later I pulled out onto the freeway and as if everything was against me, I was welcomed by a heavy traffic.

"Shit", I spat out, hitting my fists furiously on the steering.

All I could think about was if Rebecca was okay, how much pain she's in and if Andrew is there with her.

She needs me now and I felt extremely useless not being by her side. The traffic had started to move. Thank God.

*************

I arrived at Mediate Care in thirty minutes and moved briskly to the front desk.

"Hello, I'm here to see Rebecca Staunton. I'm her father Dean Lesley", I said hurriedly.

"Oh, okay Mr. Lesley, please sign here, and she is in Emergency Room 5. Straight across the hall double right", the mid twenties female nurse smiled.

"Thank you", I said after signing.

I ran-walked until I found the room, and without hesitation pushed the door. I was utterly confused not seeing anyone inside.

I stepped back and looked at the title on the top of the door,  'ER 5'. This was the right room, so why wasn't anyone inside? I ran down the hall looking through every room and still there was no sign of my daughter. I took a vacant elevator to the second level hall and was met by a staircase going up. Rebecca wouldn't be up there, would she?

Deciding against my thoughts I took the stairs two at a time until I finally found the top.

My eyes looked around frantically until it zoned in on who I was looking for. There I saw Rebecca and Andrew.

Just then I realized something with alarm, shouldn't Rebecca be resting? and as I was about to call out to her, I stopped dead in my tracks at what I heard next.

"What the fuck do you think your doing!?, are you mad, you could have died!", Andrew shouted at my daughter.

"That was the fucking plan Andrew, I wanted to kill myself for the amount of pain that I'm feeling now.", Rebecca retorted, pushing at his chest.

I briefly closed my eyes at her statement. Kill herself?......Suicide? Wanting to know what was going on I forced myself to listen further, my control slowly slipping away. They we're oblivious to the fact that I was there.

"Becca, everything will be alri......", Andrew tried again.

"No! Nothing will ever be alright. You know......I saw my daughter today, the one that you conveniently killed by cheating on me with that whore and then I realized that I had nothing left to live for", Rebecca cut his statement.

"You're a disgusting and despicable man. I curse the day I ever met you, you lying son of a bitch. Lizzy and Drew are the best thing that came out of this marriage.I hate you so much, and I will never forgive you for this", she continued, tears running down her face like a river.

"Becca.....I'm so sorry", he said stepping towards her.

But she held up her hand midair to stop him. "You know Andrew, I don't want you to come near me, I don't want to see your face, I don't want to talk to you, but I just have one more question for you.......What does Claire Carter have, that I don't?", she cried out in pain.

She was about to fall to the floor, when Andrew ran towards her shouting her name, panic evident on his face.

He quickly held her before she could hit the ground.

My pupils dilated in shock and I staggered back. Being in the military for over thirty years, taught me how to be extremely calm in any major life threatening situation, but that calm soon disappeared as my mind tried to comprehend what I've just heard and saw.

With blood rushing to my head I made purposeful steps towards them. Sensing my movements, Andrew's head flashed around and his eyes  widened in alarm upon seeing me.

"Mr. Lesley, you're here", he said nervously laying Rebecca down and I saw Red at that.

"Dean......" and with perfect precision of an ex army, my fist connected with his nose before he could utter any bullshit. The blow had him staggering  away and clutching his nose. I stepped towards him again and gathered the front of his shirt in my hand.

"Mr. Lesley I'm sor....", he tried again but just as fast another punch connected to his face, square in the jaw this time.

"I told you to take care of my daughter", I sneered.

*PUNCH*

"You cheated on your pregnant wife and children, asshole"

*PUNCH*

"And this is for her unborn child", I looked him square in the eyes, temper flaring and gave him one final punch, successful knocking him out cold to the floor.

My anger quickly dissipated remembering Rebecca. I rushed over to where Andrew had carelessly left my daughter, and hurriedly gathered her in my arms and rushed back inside the hospital.

"Hey you, my daughter needs help!", I shouted to a Red-haired nurse.

"Oh yes sir, please take her in here", she led me into the same room from earlier, where I placed Rebecca gently on the bed.

"She was supposed to be resting in here. She's in a very critical condition", the nurse said shaking her head.

"I'll go call Dr.Thomas", she continued before rushing out the room. I gently  moved a stray hair out of Rebecca's face before reaching down to kiss her forehead.

"I remember when you were six, afraid to ride your bicycle without the training wheels. I told you that if you were going to fall, I'd always be there to catch you, and you trusted me and sped off. Right as you were going to fall over a small rock, I was there, balancing you up. I will always remember how happy you were when you realized that I'd catch you."

I kneeled down at Rebecca's bedside and held her limp hand tightly.

"Honey, I'm so so sorry I broke my promise to protect you and I failed at my job sweetheart. Please just wake up", I whispered and for the first time in years, I allowed tears to flow freely down my face.

****************

I'm back!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!
But it has been so loooonnnnggggg! Well meet Dean, Rebecca's father.

I really appreciate you guys sticking with this story through the slow updates, you guys motivate me to finish this book.💖

We can all say it's summer, and as such I am extremely excited to go on 'The Cheating Husband' journey with you guys! More intriguing chapters, more hot, steamy and...... *clears throat*. Now I'm giving too much away! Lets just see what happens next!😀👀

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

I read all of them and answer to all questions. Oh, and remember to follow me to get chapters first!!!!!✨🌟💋😉

Picture Cred: to rightful owner