Chapter 18- Our Anniversary 2

Rebecca's POV

I finally reached Andrew's office, driving through the main gates after greeting Max and padding my way to the door.

Did I mention that now I walked like a penguin? Every employee rose seeing me, and I greeted them all, lowering my head due to shyness, from my last encounter here, where I misunderstood Andrew.

I stopped at the front desk where miss Evans stood. She smiled up at me.
"Good evening Mrs. Staunton, you here?"

"Yes Kerry, I came to see my husband, it's our Anniversary today", I addressed her by her first name.

"Oh, congratulations Mrs. Staunton, but unfortunately he's gone out with Ms. Carter and some other employees for a business meeting"

"Oh no, uhm could you tell me where they've gone to?"

"They went to Hotel Garkon, he told me that their meeting will not be over until 6pm, so you got exactly thirty minutes."

"Alright, thank you for the info", I said dashing carefully through the door and getting into my car.

I felt really bad that Andrew truly did not remember our Anniversary. I was kinda hoping that maybe when I got to the office, he would've been there with a big surprise for me, but then again, how would he have known that I was coming to his office.

As a matter of fact he would throw a fit if he knew I was driving in my pregnant state.

It took me exactly forty minutes to reach Hotel Garkon, so the meeting must have been over by now.

It was a five star prestigious place, where only Elite groups of people gathered or celebrity rented suites to stay in.

No wonder Andrew kept his meeting here. He was always in the lime light for his successful business position and he always appeared on TV.

But the media hardly knew anything about his family. They've only seen the kids and I at a couple of Andrew's business parties and Andrew and I at annual charity events.

They once took a pic of Andrew and Drew entering the office and placed it in the Buzz newspaper with the headline 'future heir of Staunton Stocks Ltd.'

I mean that's so pathetic, the kids only ten.They also knew that I was pregnant, how? I don't know.

I padded my way to the reception desk where a beautiful young lady in the Hotels uniform stood. She was a tall lady in her early thirties with Ginger hair.

"Welcome to Hotel Garkon, where we aim to please, how may I assist you", she smiled.

"Hello I'm Mrs. Staunton, could you please tell me where the Staunton Stocks meeting is being held?"

"Absolutely, it is being held in the conference room. That is straight ahead, first right", she directed pointing her fingers.

"Thank you so much"

"Its my pleasure Mrs. Staunton."

Now I was sweating, I felt extremely tired and my feet hurt and I knew that maybe some of my curls had blown out.

I was regretting even coming here in the first place. I glanced at my watch to see that it was 6:50 pm already.

I felt my feet dragging on the floor as I made my way to the conference room. I paused in front of the big wooden door, to take a couple of breaths.

I finally pushed the door and glanced around the room, I didn't see Andrew and the room had a few people sitting around in suits, mostly employees who worked for him.

Some of them glanced at me in shock, while others whispered that I was their boss' wife.

"Hello excuse me, could you tell me where your boss is?", I said to one of the men whom I had seen most of the times.

"I saw him going into room 405, a couple minutes back"

I frowned at that, why would he be in a room?

"Thank you", I sighed, turning to leave.

I went in search of room 405, I just wanted to sit and rest for a while. I successfully found the room on the second floor. It was hard work though I had to take three elevators.

Letting out a breath I never realized I was holding, I gently pushed the artistic painted door that was surprisingly not locked.

Putting on a big smile on my face, sighing that I finally found Andrew and I still had time for my surprise. I just hoped he wasn't angry with me.

I looked up ready to speak, when I felt my whole body go rigid seeing the sight before me.

Whoopee!! I'm such a tease, aren't I? Oh well you guys gave me the 100+ votes so I gave you the next chapter as promise.💓

Thank you so much for the support.😘

Hit the vote button and drop a comment if you want a speedy update!!!! VOTE 👇👇👇👇