10 • anathema

[trigger warning: mentions of self harm]

    •.•.•.• 

Previously:

Tyler

Let's hope and pray that I don't fall in love with Joshua Dun.  

  •.•.•.•   

Josh

"Tyler, are you listening?" I snapped my fingers repeatedly in front of his eyes. He had gone in and out of focus at least 20 times during the past 10 minutes, I had decided not to say anything about it until now. Maybe Blurryface was bothering him. He didn't seem upset though, so I assumed he was just daydreaming or something like that.

He seemed quite startled by my voice, it was strange- since I had been talking for the past 7 minutes. Though, he was zoning out so he obviously was unaware. He blushed a bright cherry red, smiling slightly. I liked his smile, it was small and innocent. His slightly crooked teeth made it more adorable, as did his dimples and prominent smile lines.

"I am now, why?" He asked, still grinning from ear to ear.

"You seem a little distracted." I laughed, taking a small sip of my juice.

He giggled.  That was new. "I am. Your cuteness is distracting me." He pouted.

He shrunk back into his seat after saying that. I blushed madly, I couldn't form sentences. I wasn't sure why it was such a big deal, people call each other cute all the time and they're still able to function. I exhaled slowly and tried to recollect myself.

I looked over to Dallon to gesture him to talk for me, but my eyes landed on a furious Brendon. He was muttering inaudible curses under his breath and glaring Tyler's direction. It must've been Blurryface again, that's what it was last time.

Last time, however, when the 'fight' happened, I saw Blurryface. I couldn't see Blurryface anymore, but I was positive he remembered me and that he would make another appearance to me. Since he knew me, he would probably be mad at Tyler and I being friends, since I got rid of him.

I honestly had never thought of giving the demon a name when he was around, Tyler's smart. It'd be much easier to address it. The name made sense too, it was almost comical, he had a blurry face and so he was named Blurryface. I almost chuckled, before I realised what I was laughing about was not a humorous matter. My face fell. 

Tyler took a sip of the juice in front of him, hands shaking. His sleeve fell a little- I saw a mark that went all around his wrist. Brendon seemed to notice too, he snarled inhumanely. Brendon looked ready to pounce on someone, Dallon squeezed his hand. It settled Brendon's bouncing leg, but he protectively glared over Tyler's direction.

Tyler nervously glanced at me, relaxing his shoulder slightly. But they soon tensed up again. Time seemed to freeze, a black gust of wind spun around the room. I stood in utter shock, unable to move. All three boys around me were frozen, a thick, black cloud over them. 

Soon, two red glowing eyes appeared in front of me. I whined. Why now? His blurred face complemented his eyes. He paced around, 'arms' behind his back.

"Ah, well, if it isn't the famous Josh Dun," a deep, low voice growled.

"Blurryface." I greeted, sighing.

He chuckled, "how have you been? Catching any feelings for my new toy?"

"Won't you go to someone else's head?" I groaned, hating how much he had taken from Tyler.

Suddenly, it grew silent. He stopped laughing, "Look, as much as I miss messing with you, I wasn't here to talk to you. I need you to do me a favour."

I laughed, he wanted me to help him. After everything he's done, he wants my help, "Yeah, dream on." 

"Listen, Dun. I need you to get out of the way. Tyler is getting distracted and confused. You are screwing with him and his feelings are getting out of hand. You need to leave him alone, you're in. The. Way." He grumbled angrily, an accusing finger pointing directly at me.

"And why exactly would I do that?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow.

"You don't appreciate what I've done for you?" His voice grew colder, "after everything I helped you with, this is how you repay me?" He grew angrier by the second.

"You tried to kill me!" I shouted, walking closer to him.

"I helped you when no one else did or could!" His booming voice made me jump a little.

"Hurting myself was not helping me. You just convinced me that it was the answer! You made things worse!" I yelled, voice cracking a few times.

"If you didn't hurt yourself, you would've hurt others!" He screamed just as loud.

"If I didn't hurt myself, I wouldn't have these bloody scars that remind me of you every time I look at them! If I didn't hurt myself, I wouldn't of hurt Dallon!" I shrieked, even louder than before.

"Oh, don't you play the victim card, you deserved it and you know it." His voice was eerily calm, still cold though.

"You didn't care, you don't care. You can't care." I spat.

He chuckled, making me more bothered, "whatever, Dun. Just stay out of the way. You never know who I'll go for next." And with that, everything started moving again. The boys coughed loudly, I could've sworn I saw black dust come out.

"J- Josh, why're you-" a cough, "sta-" another cough, "standing?" Tyler asked.

I poured them each a glass of juice, "just stretching," I smiled. There was no way that I was telling Tyler what happened. Dallon, maybe, but definitely not the others. It was too dangerous, Blurryface could listen and so could Brendon's demon. 

Dallon cleared his throat, "alright, why don't we have a small break from this stuff?" 

Brendon nodded, "yeah, I've got a migraine." 

I glanced at Tyler, he smiled. I opened the door to lead everyone out and into another room, looking behind me as if someone were watching us. I always checked behind me, a habit I had only just started to take notice of. I closed the door, smiling when there was nothing there. I caught up with the others. We all went on our phones, occasionally showing each other things we found funny online. 

I looked up slowly, to show them all another funny video, but froze when I laid my eyes on Brendon. His eyes were a bright yellow, "Brendon, what happened to your eyes?"

    •.•.•.• 

A/N
im so sorrryyyy

i have the ending of this entire thing planned out and im so mad at myself for coming up with it

ily---- sorry if this is really bad

i'm not sure how frequent updates will be anymore but i'll let you all know when i know

i forgot what else i was gonna say

first day of school was yesterday it was terrible

song- anathema by twenty one pilots

stay alive

E D I T E D