chapter 44

the next 7 days of black clothes and mourning filled the neighbourhood. everyone who was invited to the funeral of Grandfather Jung didnt bear to leave the house until the last person of the day prayed and sent his condolences. even Jaehyun, who didnt see his beloved and treasured grandfather for slightly over two months, stood at his casket, his pursed lips trembling as he stared down, unable to contain himself.

he was so hard to get into contact with his two 17-year-old step brothers when they wanted to tell him the news, but thanks to his teachers who got the message from them, he regretted leaving his house on that pathetic day he was still in the hospital.

Jaehyun stood next to Ryeowook, whom he accepted even though their history was a hateful one. he was the only hyung Jaehyun dared to take back into his own world, but particularly in that moment, where he didnt have any other family member to fall back on. he ignored Donghae and Sungmin, despite the many attempts to talk to him. he knew Ryeowook was the only one he could trust again after the hyung told him his true sibling feelings, and he was grateful for the silent support although the 15 years was something to definitely forget.

their Appa was too ashamed to turn up for the funeral, so he decided to wait at the police station for the release of his 2nd Mrs Jung's sentence, which he would only be informed of after those 7 days.

after he heard what she had done to his father, he was so hopping mad at her, but seeing the current state she was in, his empathy for her grew more and more. how much more blind could he turn?

on the last day of the funeral, more than 200 people turned up, filling the street to send Grandfather Jung off on his final journey. Donghae and Sungmin were forced to follow their two step aunts and one step uncle, while Ryeowook decided to sign the death certificates.

Jaehyun wouldnt be able to contain himself if he had stayed, so he went to the school's basketball court, where training was surprisingly cancelled due to some event that the coach had to attend to.

taking a basketball, he started to run around the court, dribbling the ball in his hands, left right, left right. he needed to get things off his mind before he was sent back to continue lessons on Wednesday.

however, he could not forget all those things that happened in May until then. between January and April, there was completely no drama. the house was of its usual mess, and no one did anything to anyone.

when Doyoung came into the picture, everything went super haywire that Jaehyun could only remember the bad things amidst all the good. but luckily, his report card for the mid-years came back looking clean and green, a typical straight A student without fail and of many capabilities.

he jogged faster, the dribbling increasing with tremendous speed as he continously shot the ball into the hoop many times. he threw it around, to the point where he collapsed on the floor and just passed out, too tired and famished from the dreadful week that brought him even more shame to be part of the Jung family.

oh my god im so dead tired aH screw tomorrow i'll just attend sch and nth can happen and-

" what are you doing here Jae? " Doyoung looked over Jaehyun's face, which surprised the latter. he opened his eyes and tilted his head back slightly. the both of them stared at each other for a few moments, unable to break the silence.

" is everything ok? you look pale and unwell. i can send you home with my hyung's car, " Doyoung sat cross-legged beside the younger and touched his forehead. it was clear a fever was burning up and his hot body shouldnt be neglected.

" aniyo hyung~ its jus- " Jaehyun coughed out blood as he fainted into Doyoung's lap. the boy panicked, and immediately called Gong Myung.

--------------------------------------------------

annyeong readers !! do continue to support this fanfic :>> vote and comment.

kamsahamnida~~