He saw Piper and Leo walking in when he pulled up. He climbed out and went inside the building. Nico waved to the lobby worker before taking the elevator up to their floor. He unlocked the door and walked inside, seeing everyone starting to get situated.

"Where's Reyna?" Nico asked, sitting on the floor next to Piper.

Piper shrugged in response. "They said something about her building. I assume that's why Grover isn't here, either."

Grover had a tendency to be five to ten minutes late to their meet ups, so Nico wasn't exactly concerned of his presence quite yet.

Nico nodded, now curious of what was happening. He took out his phone and texted Reyna to see what she would say.

Nico: Why aren't you here??? (3:27)

The demonic three dots appeared before vanishing. After deciding they weren't coming back, he stuck it back in his pocket. Once everyone was sitting down, they began their conversation.

"So," Hazel (look, she exists) began, "why are we here?"

Jason glanced around before announcing, "I wanted help with homework."

There was an awkward mix of groans and laughs to his response. Of course, they all did help though. While they were stuck on a particularly difficult problem, Nico heard his text tone. He pulled it out, his eyes widening at what he saw.

Reyna: SOS (3:58)

(What. Bye)

(Jk, I don't wanna sleep.)

"Guys," Nico stated nervously, getting everyone's attention. He held out his phone. Murmurs and gasps sounded in the room.

"Is this a serious help call? Or is it just a joke?" Frank asked.

Jason looked over. "This is Reyna."

They all nodded in agreement, quickly getting up and piling into cars before driving towards Reyna's apartment building.

There were four police cars outside. "Well shit," Piper, who was in Nico's car, muttered.

Everyone got out and made their way towards the door. When they were about to walk in, though, they were all stopped by a couple of officers.

"No one's allowed in," one stated as she pointed towards the cars.

"We just want to know what happened," Piper informed him.

Another one shook his head. "That's confidential information for now, ma'am."

After he finished, another officer walked outside. "Victim and youngest suspect are being prepared for interrogation."

After a series of nods, there was a crashing from inside the building. Since the door was blocked with police tape (is that what it's called?) and officers, the group couldn't see what happened. The officers exchanged looks before shuffling inside to maintain order.

The group sat down, sighing. Upon hearing the door begin to open again, they all turned their heads towards the source. Grover walked outside while an officer held the door. He was surprised to see his friends there, but he sat down with all of them.

Leo was the one to break the silence with the burning question. "So what happened?"

Grover shook his head. "I was grabbing something from the back for the doorman, but I think Reyna and Percy are being interrogated."

Confused looks and murmurs were scattered within the group. There was more noise coming from inside, and a man suddenly ran out, chased by two officers. Hazel took that opportunity to stick her foot in the door and push it open, deciding to declare that they were all "let in" by an officer.

Once everyone was inside, they were astonished by the time they figured out what was going on. There were about six officers from what they could tell. One was talking to Reyna, two had chased the other man, but what about the other three?

Then he saw them. Percy and an officer were discussing something while the other recorded and took notes.

Nico could already tell this wasn't going to end well.

It's Wednesday, and I've only had three classes this week.

What even

Also I just realized how slow this romance might actually be lmao, whoopsies.

Anyways

Goodbye😂