Chapter X

A/N: Hey guys! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Hathorne took me with him as he walked around his pack’s village, talking to a few of the wolves about different things. I was still surprised that they worked so much like Rory’s pack. So far, it seemed like the only reason no one liked Hathorne’s pack was because of how territorial they were. Hathorne had openly admitted that he was possesive.

Helena walked up to us again, this time with three children hanging onto her. The oldest was a girl with long, curly brown hair, and blue eyes like her mother’s. She also seemed shy, hiding behind Helena’s legs. The other two children ran around their parents, playing and laughing as they chased each other. They looked to be twins.

“When are you leaving for the Woods’ pack then?” Helena asked curiously, her arms folded beneath her chest. Hathorne shrugged, reaching down to pat his son’s head as he ran into his father’s legs.

“Probably tomorrow. Give the kid some time to relax beforehand.”

Helena nodded, looking down at the girl behind her legs and smiling at her before looking up to me. “The Woods’ pack is run by Fenix and Danielle. They’re brother and sister, but they aren’t the actual Alphas.” she told me. I nodded a little, jumping when something touched my leg. Looking down, I saw the little girl hanging onto me, smiling up at me.

“Hi!” she said. I stared down at her, unsure of what to do. I wasn’t used to being around kids. It wasn’t often that someone in my pack had children.

Helena sighed, looking down at the girl on my leg. “Adrianna, what have I told you about hanging onto people? Go play with your brother, give the boy some space.”

“Aw, but momma!”

“Adrianna,” Hathorne said, his voice stern. “Listen to your mother.”

Adrianna sighed quietly, hanging her head and dramatically releasing her grip on me, trudging over to her twin. I couldn’t help a small smile at her attitude as Helena rolled her eyes. “Sorry about her. She’s the most outgoing of the three of them. She’d go home with a stranger if I let her.”

“It’s fine,” I replied, “it’s rare when we have little kids in my pack. I don’t have a lot of experience with them.”

“Yeah, well, if you stuck around here, they’d never leave you alone.” she commented. Hathorne snorted, then looked down at the older girl. She stayed behind Helena’s legs, but smiled up at Hathorne a little. He smiled back before someone ran up behind him and jumped onto his back, making him yelp in surprise.

“Onward, to victory!”

A girl had jumped up on him, probably around my age. She had long black hair and red eyes; clearly another sibling. Hathorne growled, and the girl ignored it as she looked at me. “Oh, you’re that guy from before! The one that ran off! I’m Anya. Euphrates’ little sister.”