Chapter Five

~Adrian~

I look over at Arabella, smiling adoringly at her. I can't believe how strong she is, going through the nightmares, the Rebels, everything. I don't know how she handles everything, and I'm going to do everything I can to help her through this. Nobody is going to take her away from me. Anger surges through me when the letters come to my mind, no one is getting near Arabella. I don't know who it is, but when I find out, they're going to wish they were never born. I don't trust anyone besides family and Arabella's maids anymore. I know that they would never hurt Arabella, they love her like a sister.

I sigh, looking back at Arabella, sleeping peacefully. I don't know how she does it, calmly living through this nightmare. I've only seen her break down twice, and each time has left me in more pain than the last. I don't know what to do. I feel like I should send Ara and the kids somewhere, just until the Rebels are taken care of, but I don't think I could stand being away from them, not knowing if they are safe or not.

"Adrian, what are you still doing up?" I hear Arabella's soft voice come from beside. I look over at her with a smile.

"I'm just thinking, go back to sleep, it's still late." I say, smiling lovingly at her. We've been married for five years, and the love I have for her has never faded, only grown stronger.

"You shouldn't worry, A, it's late, go to sleep," she urges, laying her head on my chest. I wrap my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me.

"I'm always going to worry, Ara, I love you, I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'm not going to get hurt, as long as I have you, I'll be safe." I smile and run my hand through her hair.

"I know, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep you safe, I promise." I kiss her forehead and lay back down. "Lets go to bed." She nods against my chest and I close my eyes, letting sleep overtake me.

I wake up hours later, turning to find an empty bed. Panic shoots through me as I look around the room for Arabella. The Rebels have taken her before, I don't know what I'd do if I lost her again. She almost died. I get out of bed and look around, finding the kids sound asleep in their beds. I take deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. She could be with her maids, they always like to hang out with her. I turn when the door opens, a sweaty Arabella walking in. I let out a sigh of relief.

"You okay, A?" She asks, looking concerned, walking towards me. I smile, pulling her towards me.

"I'm fine. I woke up and didn't see you anywhere. I thought you had been taken again." She looks up at me, regret and sadness written on her face.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of gone out. But I just needed to clear my mind, so I went out on the trail. I'm sorry, Adrian." I shake my head, smiling down at her.

"It's ok, A, I'm just getting paranoid, that's all."

"I won't go out in the mornings anymore, not until you're awake." I shake my head, pulling her closer to me.

"That's ok, you don't have to do that. I'll get over it."

"I don't care, I don't want you to worry and it was stupid of me anyway. So, if I go on a run, I will either tell you, or make you come with me." She smiles cheekily up at me. I smile, adoringly at her. She is so perfect.

"I love you," I say, kissing her forehead, gently.

"I love you, too." She snuggles closer to me, putting her head in my neck. "Now let go of me, I need to shower, I stink." I laugh, letting her go. She walks away, to the bathroom door, then stops and turns, smiling at me. "You wanna help?" She says, raising an eyebrow at me. I smile, stalking towards me.