Chapter Two

~Arabella~

I walk into the nursery while Adrian goes to Sadie's room and stop dead in my tracks. Zach, Adrian's childhood friend and prince of the Woodsworth kingdom, was inside, holding Tucker. I slowly walk in, looking at him curiously.

"Zach?" I ask, walking over to him. He looks up, flashing me a bright smile. I take Tucker and hold him against me, tightly.

"Arabella! It's so good to see you! How have you been? I heard that little guy crying and figured that you were probably in your room asleep, so I thought I'd calm him down so you could rest."

"Thank you Zach, that was very kind of you. Adrian and I decided to take a nap since both of the kids were asleep. How long have you been here?" He smiles again, looking around the room.

"I've been here for about a half hour, I got him to stop crying about ten minutes ago. I'm glad I could help, you need your sleep." I smile, nodding.

"Yeah, Adrian and I haven't been getting much sleep with this little one. I'm surprised we didn't wake up to him crying, the baby monitor is usually right next to the bed." I furrow my eyebrows, thinking. We probably couldn't hear his crying because of my crying. I shake my head, I need to stay focused on the kids more, especially with some unknown person threatening me. I take a deep breath and smile at Zach, getting rid of those unwanted thoughts.

"Is Tucker awake?" Adrian walks in with Sadie in his arms and stops when he sees Zach. "Zach, what are you doing here? And why are you in the nursery?" He walks over to me and puts his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I guess he doesn't trust anyone right now, with good reason. Zach raises an eyebrow, looking upset for a second before he smiles again.

"Adrian, hey man! I heard this little guy crying and came to calm him down. Arabella came in just a few minutes ago to get him." Adrian raises an eyebrow.

"Ok, but what are you doing at the castle, I didn't know you were coming." Zach laughs, looking a little nervous.

"Well, the whole family came, actually. There was an attack at our palace, rebels." My eyes widen at his words and I look up at Adrian. He looks down at me, worry in his eyes. I can tell he's thinking the same thing I am. They're coming. I take a deep breath and look down at Tucker, he's looking up at me with wide, happy eyes.

"Mama." He stutters out. I gasp happily and turn to look up at Adrian.

"He said it! He finally said it!" I look down at Tucker again. "That's right, baby, mama. Can you say dada?" I look at Adrian, he's looking at us with loving eyes, smiling softly. I look back at Tucker. "Dada, can you say dada?" I point to Adrian as he walks closer, waving back at Tucker as he waves his hand around.

"Da...da." I squeal happily and turn to Adrian, who's smile stretched across his whole face at Tucker's words.

"He said it, oh Adrian, he said it!" I look up at Adrian as he pulls us into a hug. I smile at Sadie. "Hi, sweetheart, did you sleep well?" She nods, still looking tired. "Are you still tired, honey, do you want to go back to sleep?" She shakes her head vigorously, making me and Adrian laugh.

"No! I want to play! Mommy, daddy, play with me!" I laugh and look up at Adrian.

"You up to play?" He smiles at Sadie.

"What do you want to play, sweetie?"

"Tag!" She slaps Adrian lightly on the chest. "You're it!" She jumps out of his arms and takes off running out of the room and down the hall.

"I got it this time." I hand Tucker to Adrian and turn to Zach. "It was lovely seeing you. We all need to have lunch and catch up." With that, I quickly kiss Adrian and take off after Sadie, my dress billowing around me. I catch up with Sadie in a couple minutes, she's on her way to the door leading into the gardens. "I'm coming for you Sadie-bear!" She squeals and starts to run faster. I follow after her, running up right behind her, I scoop her up in my arms and swing her around. She squeals again and starts laughing, loud peals of laughter echo throughout the hallway. "You're it!" I tickle her as I set her down, she turns to me, smiling.

"Is it my turn to chase you now, mommy?" I smile at her.

"Do you want to chase me?" She smiles, looking up at me with wide eyes.

"You better start running, mommy." I raise an eyebrow, then she starts running. I turn around and start running. I look behind me occasionally to make sure she didn't get lost, then I turn and run even faster, knowing that she can keep up with me. I turn a corner and run right into a strong chest. Arms wrap around me to keep me from falling and I look up to see Adrian smiling down at me.

"I've really got to stop falling for you." I say, winking at him. He laughs and smiles.

"I really hope you don't, because I won't ever stop falling for you." He says, his face growing serious, love shining in his eyes. I smile, my face growing warm. It's amazing me what he can do to me.

"I'm never going to stop acting like I'm seventeen around you." He smiles.

"I'm never going to stop acting eighteen with you, you make me young. I love you." I smile, leaning up to kiss him.

"I love you." We don't say anything else, just stare into each other's eyes, our love reflected in our eyes. The moment is broken when loud laughter sounds from down the halls. We turn to see Sadie turn the corner and head straight for us. She skids to a stop in front of us and puts her hand on mine.

"I got you!" She says laughing. She isn't even out of breath. I'm still trying to catch mine. "Is it daddy's turn to catch me now?" I look up at Adrian as he puts me on my feet.

"Looks like your up. Good luck, she's a fast one." Adrian laughs.

"She takes after her mother." I smile.

"Well, speaking of running, I'm gonna go take a run on the trail, I'll be back in an hour, ok?" He looks down at me, worried.

"Are you sure? Do you want to take some guards with you?" I shake my head and smile.

"No, I'll be fine, I love you. See you when I get back." I lean up and give him a quick kiss before I turn and head towards our room.

"I love you. Be safe!" He calls after me before turning to Sadie, smiling. I smile and walk up the stairs and to our room. I go to the closet and open what I like to call my 'forbidden' drawers. I haven't opened it since before the wedding. I pull out my running gear and slip into the comfortable clothes. I'm wearing a black sports bra with a loose, flowing tank top that shows most of my back and ends right above my bellybutton and a pair of black and neon green running shorts, with my matching pair of black and neon green running shoes. I pull my hair into a high pony tail and walk out of the room. I walk outside and head to a secret trail Adrian and I found while on a date. It's hidden by trees and is a beautiful trail. I take a deep breath, duck behind the trees, and start running.

At the end of the trail, there is a beautiful waterfall, hidden by another grove of trees, there is a pond at the bottom, with all kinds of colorful fish swimming within it. I sit down on a rock by the waterfall and catch my breath, staring at the fish. I come here whenever I need time alone to think. The first thing that comes to mind is the letter that I had received. Who could have sent it? Why would they want me dead? I sigh, thinking about a certain part of it. I'm closer than you may think, I could be in the castle for all you know. I'm always watching. I shudder at the words, they could have been watching us right then for all I know, I don't have any clue who it could be. I shake my head and sigh again. All I know now, is that I have to protect my family, no matter what.

I stand up, ready to start my run back, when I hear a branch snap behind me. I whirl around, looking for the source of the noise, but find nothing. I take a deep breath, calm down, Arabella, you're just on edge, no one is around, it's only you. I let out a sigh and start to run, but I hear another branch snap. I close my eyes before I turn around, looking for something I can't see. I try to run again, but tense up when I hear a voice coming from my right.

Rebels. They're here.