Can't Stay Away

Ashanti's Pov

I was so embarrassed running into Alex and Jennifer. When I saw them together my heart broke into a million pieces. I wish I could just move on. I hate him and love him at the same time. Even though he treats me horrible I still stay. Deep down I wish he would come home. I know that's never gonna happen.

Too my surprise that same night we saw each other, he called me. He sounded like he was crying. Alex started begging for my forgiveness saying that he missed me. I hung up on him. That was 2 weeks ago. He hasn't stopped calling my phone since. He's always texting me, hitting me up on every social media you can think of. I want him to feel my pain. You never what you have until it's gone. Maybe now Alex finally realized he fucked up.

I was laying in my bed watching BGC All Star Battle, when my door bell started to ring. I was so comfy in bed I didn't want to get up.

Clearly the person knocking wanted to get cussed out. They continued to knock on my door for a good 10 minutes. I quickly threw a jacket over me since it was chilly out, and went downstairs. I only had on my tank top and some shorts. I hope it wasn't anybody important.

I finally get downstairs and look through the peep hole. It was Alex my heart started beating really fast. I don't know if I should open the door or not.

I open the door and Alex stands there.

For a minute we don't say anything. We just stare at each other. Alex breaks the silence and asks "Can I come in?"

"Fine." I move out of the way to let him in.

"I was wondering if we could talk?" Asks Alex

I close the door and sit down on the couch. He sits down next to me.

"What's there to talk about?"

"I came here to say I'm sorry for the way I treated you. You were always there for me even when I messed up. I didn't mean to hurt you. Sometimes I get angry and can't control myself. I never meant to put my hands on you. I love you and I never stopped loving you. I know it seems like I want Jennifer but I don't. I mean I did but not anymore."

"You gotta understand that she was my first everything. It's hard to let that go. That night at the club I saw her and all my old feelings came back. Then I started to miss you. I'm over it now. I just needed to see if it was meant to be. I realized she's my past and your my future. We had a good thing until I messed it up. Please give me another chance?" Asks Alex

"I...I..."

"Please?" Asks Alex

"Promise me you won't make a fool out of me?"

"I promise." Says Alex

"Okay I guess I'll give you another chance. Please don't make me regret it. I rarely give people a second chance let alone a third or a fourth one."

"You know you can't say no to me." Says Alex

He pulls me into his arms. I wrap my arms around his neck. He smells so good.

"I missed you so much."

"I know I missed you too." Whispers Alex into my ear.

He picks me up and carries me upstairs.

He strips down to his boxers and climbs into bed. I climb into bed next to him. He pulls me closer to him.

Sometime in the future I'll probably regret taking him back. For right now I'd rather act like we're a perfect couple. I love Alex and I don't want to let him go. I'm not gonna lie I missed him so bad. I missed running my hands over his waves. I missed kissing his plump pink lips. I missed his starring into his pretty brown eyes. I always get lost in them. I missed his strong arms wrapped around my body. He's my drug and I have to have him.

I hear Alex's soft snores. Letting me know he's fast asleep. I snuggle up closer in his arms. Happy that I can finally get a good nights sleep. Most of the time I toss and turn at night.

I close my eyes and let sleep take over me.

The next morning I wake up to Alex nibbling on my neck.

"Stop that tickles."

"Nah you like it." Says Alex

"You spending the day with me?"

"Of course I'm all yours. It would be nice if we lived together. Then we wouldn't have to keep going back and fourth. It does get tiring." Says Alex

"Move in whoa slow down. We just got back together. I don't even know if I fully trust you yet. Let's just take this slow. What if I make you mad or you get bored? I'm gonna be alone again and you'll be back with Jennifer. I'll be sitting here looking stupid. I refuse to go through that again." 😔

"Why can't you just have faith in me?" Asks Alex

"See I would but you tend to get bored. Then you become unfaithful, and lets not forget your anger issues. I didn't enjoy walking around with a black eye or having ugly bruises on my body. You only think about yourself. So damn selfish."

"I'm selfish?" Screams Alex

"Yeah you are. You know what I can't do this. Maybe you should leave. Can't believe I actually thought you changed."

"Oh so now you kicking me out?" Says Alex

"Yes I am. I don't want to get hurt again."

"What do I have to do to make you believe me?" Asks Alex

"Just be there for me. Be a good boyfriend for once. I want to see you not mess up for at least 2 weeks. If you can be good for that long, then maybe it will work."

"It that's what you want fine. I'm gonna prove to you that I'm the man of your dreams. I already lost you once I'm not about to do that again. I love you Ashanti. I want to grow old with you. Have kids with you one day and get married. You're the only girl I want to be with." Says Alex taking my face into his hands.

When he starts saying stuff like that I get all confused. Now I don't know what to do. 😩

"You know you're my headache right?"

"That's my job. And I love you too." Says Alex

"What do you want to do today?"

"Depends can I spend the night again?" Asks Alex

"Yes."

"Then we can go shopping and out to eat. I just gotta run home and get some clothes." Says Alex

"No you don't I have clothes you can wear. When we broke up you never came and got your clothes. I didn't even bother to drop them off. They were all I had left of you. It smells like you. It's the next best thing to being next to you."

"Wow Bae you missed me that bad?" Asks Alex

"Yes I did."

"Well I promise you won't ever feel that way again. I'm here to stay." Says Alex

"I hope so because, I can only keep doing this for so long."

________________________
Sorry for any errors. This was just a filler chapter.

Do you think Ashanti made the right decision?

Should she move on?

Let me know what you think. 😌

Please Vote and Comment 💁

-TelleTheMisfit 😘