~7

Nylah

The jet finally lands and everyone is awake but Legend.

Yeah, we've been on this plane for a bit. We stopped in Ohio for a bit but then got right back on. It's going on 2 in the morning now.

The door opens and there's about 4 Escalade SUV's in the lot.

"Brayden, get DJ, I'm bout to get Legend" I say.

"Nah, let me get her, y'all can ride with me too" He says. I nod and pick up DJ. Brayden hands me the car keys and I slowly walk down the steps.

I unlock the door and see the 3rd truck light up. I open the back door seeing two car seats in place. One for DJ and the other side for Kota. I buckle DJ up and see Brandon coming over.

"I call shotgun" He says walking to the passenger side. I laugh and climb in the back. I get comfortable and a while later Legend gets in the back and lays on me.

Brayden gets in the driver's seat after buckling Kota in.

"Dad and them got most of the bags" He says starting the car. He follows behind the car in front and we head to the house.

The house is more like a mansion. It's the house they all lived in before they moved to Cali. So R.J.'s room is still there.

After the hour long drive, we pull in the gated mansion and everyone gets out. Brandon takes DJ with him. Legend looks at the house and I can tell she's scared to go inside.

I grab her hand and she looks down at it.

"Come on, you need to go to sleep" I say. She hesitates but starts to walk.

                      ~~
Legend

"But I thought we were gonna go play basketball?" I ask R.J.

"I'll be right back" He says tying his Red bandana around his head.

"Then we'll go?" I ask.

"Fa' sure baby sis" He says. "Until then, make sure that school work's done"

I turn a bit and that dream switches over.

"You know if yeen got nobody, you got me" He says as we walk to his car from the ball court.

"Of course" I say.

I smile to myself until it switches again.

"Ma, R.J.'s supposed to be home now" I complain seeing it's 11 at night.

"He'll be here soon, now go make sure that homework's done" She sneers. I roll my eyes and go back to the room London and I share.

I start my homework then Brandon busts in the room.

"Y'all put on some clothes, R.J.'s been shot" He says running out. I already had on clothes so I toss on my Black Nike slides and grab my phone.

I turn over again trying to change the scene.

"Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but we tried everything" The doctor says. "He's gone"

He's gone.

He's gone.

He's gone and he's never coming back. The only person that truly looked out for me is dead.

I hear my name being called but the only thing that I hear is that my best friend is dead.

"Ariah" I hear. I jump up and realize I'm all sweaty.