"You're right Mami."

"Aren't I always!"

"Sure Mami."

"Is it time for cake now?" Eli and Luke said pouting.

"Yes my babies it's time for cake." Chelsea said.

.............

"Bye everyone! Thank you for celebrating with us!" Carina said as everyone left. She closed the door after the last person exited. "Rosy, I need to talk to you and Lyric about something." The kids were with Ms. Mia for the night seeing as Rosa would probably see her.

"What is it Mami?"

"Your father was arrested last night."

"WHAT!? WHY!?"

"Rosy, I told the police about what he did to you. I couldn't let him get away with it mija."

"I understand that Mami, I wanted him to go to jail too but he has a wife and child."

"They're gonna be okay mija I promise."

"But Mami how did you prove it?"

"Do you think I didn't have proof? Mija, I have pictures of the bruises and scars he gave you. I found the papers from your hospital visit when you had a miscarriage. Dr. Norris even confirmed that he raped you from a DNA sample."

"Damn Mami."

"I just want my daughter to be safe. I'm just really sorry I couldn't do it sooner."

"It's not your fault Mami. Thank you." Rosa got up and embraced Carina in a huge hug.

"Mija? Are you crying?"

"I just never thought that we'd be able to prove it Mami. I never thought we'd be able to put him in jail."

"It's all over mija. I promise you it's over."

"Rosy, come here." Rosa let go of Carina and sat down next to me. "We are moving away from this place. As soon as I'm fully recovered, we are packing up our things and moving to New Mexico."

"I'll be here with Jacob, Rosy."

"Are you sure Mami? Is he okay with you moving in?"

"He practically begged me to mija. I think I'll be fine. He treats me better than your father ever has."

"Promise?"

"I promise mija. Look at the time! I have to go, Jacob and I have dinner plans," Rosa giggled.

"Okay Mami, go have fun."

"Thank you mija. Feliz cumpleaños!" she said picking up her things and walking through the door. I touched Rosa's arm making her look at me.

"I'm not forgiving Kimberli, Rosa."

"I know, neither am I. And I'm not forgiving Maia."

"Me either. What'd she do again? I honestly can't remember."

"Choked me when you got fired."

"How could she do that?"

"She was very upset with me, Lyric."

"No forgiving."

"What about Chelsea, Lyric?"

"She was pregnant Rosa."

"That's right, her twins are like a few weeks old now. They are really cute."

"What are their names again Rosa?"