Chapter 8

"Anyone feeling up for pizza?" Liam requested.

At the mention of pizza, Niall stood straight up from his spot on the plush aburn sofa pleading for a party size.  Liam nodded with a slight chuckle at Niall's insistent pout.

While heading out of the door to make the call Liam glanced at Harry and Zayn as if to send the mental message of "I'll be right back. Don't start any trouble."

"Louis!" Niall called.

"Yes, Nialler" Louis replied glancing at the blonde that found his position back on the couch.

Niall pulled out a stack of board games from a draw in the coffee table, "Wanna see if you can beat the master after three years?"

Louis knows a challenge when he hears one and this was more than a challenge it was a war. Niall used to always somehow manage to beat Louis at any game they played while on tour. It irritated the hell out of him, but it's been three years he has to have improved, right?  

___________

Wrong, he actually got worse. Somehow instead of taking twenty minutes to lose it took him less then ten minutes. He started to seriously suspect cheating, somehow. But instead of investigating he turned to the door when the bell rang and Niall sprung into action toward to the door. He hasty took out his wallet and paid the balding man who handed him the pizza. He set the pizza on the coffee table before opening it and grabbing a slice. 

Zayn walked in with plates and Liam was right behind him with a few cans of soda. 

"At least grab a plate first, Niall," Liam said as he took a plate from where Zayn placed them and handed it to him. 

Sitting on a love seat facing the coffee table Louis grabs a slice of pizza and took a bite out of it eagerly.

"This is some of the best pizza I've had in a while. What's the number?''

''It's 555-2478'' Niall recited reaching around where Harry sat himself to get another slice and still completely ignoring the plate. 

Louis looks at him in disbelief. ''You memorized the number?''

Niall looked at him with no hesitation when he said, "Are you surprised?''

''Can't say I am actually.''

_____

The past three hours were spent eating pizza and watching random cartoons that were playing. it was fun. More fun than Louis had in a while.  He's laughing not a forced laugh or a small chuckle. It's a laugh. There are so few people who can do that to him anymore. After a while though it became more quiet and when he turned to look at the others he noticed Zayn and Niall asleep on Liam. 

Louis yawns and stretched his arms out, "I should start heading out soon. Busy day tomorrow."

Harry's eyebrows crumple together in confusion, "You're not planning on staying the night? It's a bit late." 

"Come on, Harry I'm a big boy I can handle myself. Besides, I probably stay out this late anyways sometimes. I'll be fine." 

"Alright, Harry makes sure he leaves OK and I'll take care of these two." Liam pointed at the two sleeping figures near him. 

Harry nodded then lead him to the front door. They arrived and Louis made to grab the door, but Harry placed a hand on his should which caused Louis to turn back to face him. 

''Uh, Louis?''

''Yes Harry?'' Louis replied with his arms crossed over his chest to listen with waiting ears.

Harry looked conflicted as if he was going to say something important to him, but sighed and ran a hand through his hair before slipping his hands into his pockets with a strained smile.

''I hope you get home safe.''

Louis was puzzled until he chuckled while leaning on the door frame and jingling his key in between two fingers, ''Thanks. Anything else you need to tell me before I go? Maybe want to ask me if my car has enough gas?''

Harry let the question hang in the air for a few expansive seconds. Something in his eyes told Louis that he did, but in the end, he just smiled and stared at the floor while shaking his head. 

Louis made to reach for the door until he noticed from the corner of his eye Harry was leaning in.  Harry reached a delicate hand over and brush a few loose strands of Louis' hair away from his eyes. They stared into each other's eye, green meets blue, and it felt perfect until Louis broke away from his gaze. 

Louis cleared his throat awkwardly hoping to dispel the tension in the air. He opened the door and stepped out while saying, ''You should probably go to bed. The other's must be waiting and it's getting a bit late,'' Louis advised.

Harry nodded and said, "Goodnight. See you soon, Lou."

''Goodnight Harry.'' 

With that, Harry closed the door and Louis walked to his car.