Chapter 2

Louis thought that he would be safe if he just read a magazine by himself in the comfort of his own home without seeing any familiar faces he thought were long in his past. 

When said people are going to have the most sought-after wedding of the year I guess it is too much to ask even for him. They looked happy, there were smiles and shining eyes at the prospects of spending the rest of their lives together and Louis felt proud of them. 

There is a deep sadness, a lost opportunity; for him,  but they are perfect for each other. It was meant to be and Louis was glad he could have been there to see their beginnings himself even if he wasn't exactly there the way he wished he was. 

Then he created those stupid rules and they just caused him to drift away from them. He didn't give them a chance to refuse his distance, but it was the best thing for him at the time. Touring and the close proximity was driving him crazy so he needed to create the rules to stay sane. 

    Louis felt the shiver run down his spine from the cold air escaping through the open window and the cold chill of a late winter. He heard the car beeps and whirling of cars in a rush to get somewhere quickly. It fascinated him how much people rushed to do so many things in one day.

 He liked to experience things as they come now and not let much get him down. After years of trying to find his place without his bandmates,  it's been rough. He's had to find new friends the only way he really knew how, while clubbing. 

You can imagine that's not the best source for long-term friends, not when most of the people there are trying to buy you drinks or get you to buy them a drink. He has found a few friends, even a best friend. Damien helped him get out of his phase that had to do with mainly partying, drinking, and sleeping around. They connected instantaneously because he was the only be in the club asking him if he was ok when he was on the brink of passing out instead of handing Louis more drinks. 

The former 1D member closed the window and put the metal locking latch in place.  His temple pulsed and a sharp pain repeatedly bumped past his eyes and he groaned before making his way back to the table where the magazine stayed. 

Near the magazine was his bottle of water and he grabbed it while walking over to the spacious kitchen area and dug through a cabinet near the sink.

 Louis found what he was looking for and pulled out a packet of two painkillers. He ripped the packet with his teeth and swallowed both pills with a large gulp of water that puffed out both of his cheeks. 

While he thought of the wedding of his former best friends he turned off his T.V. Louis had been watching and sat on his couch with a heavy sigh to contemplate whether it's a good idea to ask for some type of invitation or not.