Chapter 3

"Zayn! Stop it!" Harry yelled albeit a bit strained as he found it difficult to let out single breath with the little air being collected in his lungs at the moment. 

"Zayn, he was just kidding," Liam said with a gentle smile as he met eyes with a relentless Zayn.  "Liam, did you not hear what he just said?" Zayn said while still attacking Harry's sides without any real difficulties.    

Niall snorted "Harry only said he might cut his hair."

 "I was only thinking about it!" Harry managed in between laughs.

"Well then don't," Zayn said. 

"If it'll make you stop, then fine! I won't."

 "Ok." 

Halting his assault and gently kissing Harry head before Zayn said: "I would miss these beauties a little too much."

"Me too," Niall suddenly broke in while he jumped to the couch where Zayn and Harry were.

 "Me three," Liam added as he squeezed into the small amount of space left on their couch. 

"I said I'll stop thinking about it. For now," Harry says while he turned to cuddle more into Niall's hair. 

"Oh! I almost forgot. We have to get our tuxes fitted again. There's also cake testing and we need to finalize the guest list." Niall listed suddenly throwing Harry off of him in a haste. 

Liam groans not wanting to leave the warmth and comfort of their home and three fiancés.

"What are you groaning about? You proposed." Niall smirked while helping Harry regain some form of dignity and pulled him back into his embrace and so he's no longer face first in a couch cushion. 

"I know but I just want to be married already. To wake up and know that all three of you will be mine forever." Liam confesses to his fiancés. Harry smiles fondly at him and reached past Zayn to grab Liam's hand. 

"Hey, we know it's been hard having to wait for our big day. It will all be worth the wait when we are flying off somewhere no one will know us and we can just be happy. Together," Zayn said to Liam, while the others nodded in bliss and imagined this fantasy that in just a few months will be a reality. 
_____

After a while of soft murmurs of love and that warm they gave each while basking the familiarity of there warm silence and loving energy, it was all disrupted by a harsh ring of a cell phone that was radiating through Liam's jean pocket.

In a haste to not disturb the moment they were sharing he immediately left the other while giving an apologetic smile and pointing at his phone when Zayne tried to keep his grip but was ultimately forced to let go. 

Liam found he was to a balcony that overlooked the vast scenery of their neighborhood. It always fascinated him that he lived there. 

When he saw the number as an unknown contact he was hesitant to answer, but ultimately did, "Hello?"

_____

Louis was conflicted. 

The singer has been pacing in his living room for nearly 2 hours. it was a difficult choice to make, but in the end, he felt like he had none. No matter the pain it caused him, Louis knew he would regret it for the rest of his life if he didn't at least try to attend the wedding of his best friends even if they don't talk anymore. And those stupid rule he made when he was a young and dumb teen kept popping into his head. They always seem silly when he thought about them. 

#1. Try to stand arm's length away from them whenever possible.

#2. Being in a room alone with them is never ok.

#3. Don't go out drinking or partying with them.

#4. Don't initiate anything physical or emotional.

#5. Don't dare tell them how you feel.

He kept those rules close to his heart for years and they actually did help him and no matter how silly they seem it was the only way he knew how to cope. He decided to dial the number he remembered even after all these years.

 "Hello?"  Louis' breath hitched. There's one of the four voices Louis hasn't allowed himself to hear in years. 

Louis snapped out of his daze when he hears Liam question, "Is anyone there?"

"Oh right. Hey." Louis stumbled out barely able to keep the shaky tone in his voice.

"Who is this?" Liam asked from the other line.

"Shit, sorry, I forgot I changed my number. It's Louis." 

Liam didn't respond for a good few seconds it actually was long enough that Louis started to fear he hung up. 

"You still there?" Louis wondered if he should have even called.

"Sorry, I blanked for a moment, so how have you been, Louis?" After Liam responded Louis heard some shuffling from the other line.

Louis thought to himself for a bit, "I'm fine. Got nice a flat in Doncaster. It's close to home. Enough about me though, I hear the wedding bells chiming already." 

Louis could practically hear the smile Liam gave, "Yeah. Only a few months left."

"Well I can't be more then excited for the four of you." Louis forced out even though he was genuinely happy for them, but certain bothersome feelings refuse to go away.

Liam paused, "Hey, Louis?" 

"Yes?" 

"Do you want to come to a suit fitting tomorrow? I know the boys are dying to see you as soon as possible." 

It broke the basics rule he laid out for himself and it conflicted him inside that is started to hurt in just a few simple words Louis resolve started to slip and reverse years worth of suppression. 

He said yes.