Chapter 6

Louis has been sitting in their large living room for maybe ten minutes, but a lot can happen in ten minutes especially when you're under pressure. And he can imagine there is a lot of pressure when an old best friend is a door away and you're hushing and giggling with the occasional muffled cry of familiar bliss. Louis concluded that this was his own personalized hell. So he decided to distract himself with his phone; only to have it die on him a few minutes later. You can never trust technology nowadays. At least now he's distracted by his mission to find a cell phone charger.

Though, without any warning, the door to the master bedroom abruptly opened startling Louis out of his search. 

Shuffling out of the room Louis noticed that Zayn was missing his left sock. Harry had his shirt buttons in the wrong buttonholes. Liam wasn't any better with his zipper down and multiple crumples in his shirt in his previously pressed shirt. Niall came out with his clothing disheveled as well. 

Looking at them reminded Louis why he was so insistent on leaving 3 years ago. It was figuratively killing him inside, and possibly even literally if any of the drugs he took their toll on his body. 
Seeing them after these past few years felt like nothing had changed despite all of his efforts to adjust this situation so he could move on. He should have know that he wasn't moving on he was just ignoring his problems.  Louis felt like a teenager again. Always feeling helpless, but never doing anything about it. Being a bystander and never being able to feel what their relationship had, especially now that they are to be married soon it brought back a few unfortunate emotions again.

But, Louis is anything but a quitter. If he has to he will put those school plays to good use and conjure up some old acting tricks. Sucking up his feelings and swallowing a big wad of emotions clogging his throat, Louis busted out laughing at the group while they stared at him in pure confusion at the situation.

"Man you guys sure are active. The beauty of young love." Louis said with a not so subtle wink and a sly smirk. 

Liam looked at him as if trying to come up with a different reason as to why they stayed in their bedroom for such a long time.

Liam finally settled for the excuse, "We fell asleep?" 

"Is that a question?" Louis countered while he walked up to the group with his phone in hand. 

"We feel asleep. It take up lots of time to plan a wedding." Harry, Niall, and Zayn nodded their heads in agreement with Liam.  

"Okay Liam, I just heard some odd snoring is all. Good dream?" Louis said with a quirk of his eyebrow causing the other to turn a bit flushed.

Louis chuckled but then remembered something out of nowhere. "Hey, guys what day is it today?" Louis asked suddenly a bit concerned. 

Zayn answered quickly, "Saturday."

"Damn, he is going to be so mad. Shit," Louis mumbled to himself.

"Can I use one of your cell phones for a bit." Louis requested. 

"Sure." Harry gets his phone from his back pocket and hands it to Louis, but not before their hands brushed against each other and Louis felt that familiar tingle.

Louis imputed a number he memorized by heart a few weeks ago. The phone rang long enough that Louis believed he wouldn't answer until a deep voice answered "Hello?" 

Louis replied with, "Damian, it's Louis. It's about tonight."

____________________________________________________________________