Confrontation

They crawled through the gash and managed to escape the section, just before it was sealed off. The two friends then located a nearby cupboard, which they took a rest in as they would need their energy for the coming battle.

Once they'd rested they advanced forward to the bridge, hiding outside the door. It was made of a strange metal which vaguely resembled steel, with a handle on either side, this was because the door actually opened upwards, not sideways. Ted placed his hand on one handle and George placed his hand on the other. Ted held up 3 fingers and just as the 3rd finger folded down, the two heroes burst into the control room and charged at the aliens. The aliens quickly spun around, the end of their noses glowing brightly. A dazzling beam of energy shot from the end, hitting George in the chest. George flew backwards crashing into the wall with a sickening crunch, not getting up. In fury Ted let loose a massive roar and started changing his mortal body into a new form, fur growing on his limbs, his nails turning to claws and his nose too elongated, forming a snout. Ted had gone, and in his place stood a full-grown bear. He batted an alien aside with a sweep of his claws and savagely bit the control panel tearing the fragile instruments apart. Now, his advanced sense of smell noticed something, and he bounded off forgetting the aliens. He tore doors off their frames and trampled mechanical spiders until he reached a huge vault with blast doors which could withstand a nuclear strike, but this posed no problem, as when Ted had been unconscious, the bear had not been, and had seen the code to access the vault. So, he punched in the code with a single claw, causing the huge blast doors, to slowly swing open and reveal the treasure beyond. Thousands, if not millions of sandwiches were stacked as far as the eye could see, each sandwich in perfect condition. But there was one sandwich in particular the Ted/bear hybrid thing was looking for. He searched the rows until he found it and hurried back to the control room.

Back in the control room, the aliens had fled to escape pods and that was the last anyone saw of them but they had one vicious surprise left up their fluffy sleeves. As the bear bounded back to the control room he saw flashing alarms and heard wailing sirens. He reached the control room, just as a calm voice was announcing how they had precisely 5 minutes before the entire ship was obliterated. Ted crossed the control room to his fallen comrade. The primate coughed up blood and each breath was strained but his eyes lit up when he saw what Ted was holding.