Chapter 12

⠀⠀⠀"MINJI!! WAIT !!!" you heard his voice calling for you but you didn't bother to stop, instead you keep running away. Too bad, no matter how fast you run you're just getting slower and slower. You've been running far enough and you didn't heard his voice anymore. So you decided to stop and holding both of your knees, while catching your breath.

Once your breath become stable, from the corner of your eyes you notice a figure, a familiar one. Gasp, you widened your eyes when you saw him standing there, panting and with his bare foot.

⠀⠀⠀"W-wh- why you-" you look at his bare foot. The weather is cold and it must be so uncomfortable to run with barefoot.

⠀⠀⠀"I need to ask something." He asked, not caring about your question.

⠀⠀⠀"What?"

⠀⠀⠀"Why you came to find me? Is there something you want to say?" He asked as he step closer to you step by step.

⠀⠀⠀"Aren't you the one who need to explain to me? Why you.. you and h-her.." you stutter as he keep getting close while you stare at the ground, suffering from the scene that appearing in your mind. Then you smell something, it's alcohol smell. "T-Tae, are you drunk?" you asked as you look up to meet his hard expression.

⠀⠀⠀"I asked you, are you going to tell me that you're happy now by knowing Minjae is not your twin brother. He loves you and finally you can accept him too since you're also in love with him? Aren't you going to tell me that?" He raised his voice at you. It's a relief that it's a pretty crowdless neighbourhood.

You look at his reddened cheeks, not sure if it's because of the cold weather or his anger or alcohol.

⠀⠀⠀"No, Taehyung." you answered shortly before took a deep breath. "It's true that Minjae said he's in love with me but I'm in love with someone else, I only love Minjae as a brother and it will stay like that." you stated and draw a pathetic smirk from your lips as you shift your eyes back to him. "I'm in love with that guy, who show me what love means. He showed me things that I don't know and makes me happy, protect me and care about me. But there was a misunderstanding, I thought he took me for granted. I thought he play with my heart, then I know the truth. Minjae told me that the guy is really in love with me. So I was so happy and try to call him whole day. Too bad, he never pick up and then, I just need to find him hovering and kissing a girl who hates me. Fun fact, she is also the one who told that guy to play with my heart." you finished and he widened his eyes, jaw dropped.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't know if Minjae got fooled by him or is it just me who trust that guy too much. Now I think it's not a misunderstanding anymore, Taehyung. YOU! You're just playing with me all the time! Now what the hell are you doing here, running to me with barefoot?? You shoud've just stay there kissing your girl!"

⠀⠀⠀"No! NO! NO MINJI LISTEN!"

⠀⠀⠀"YOU LISTEN TO ME!" you cut him off when he was about to hold your hand. "Leave me alone! Don't ever show up in front of me anymore." and your tears rolled down to your cheeks as those harsh words slipped from your lips.

---

It's been weeks since that incident and yet he never stop appearing in front of you. Well, he's right though, how could he do it when he's still your boss.

⠀⠀⠀"Minji, Mr. Kim wanted to see you again." your fellow workers whisper to you and you let out a sigh while muttering, "What he wants again?" you sigh before heading to his room.

⠀⠀⠀"Come in!" He answered after you knock his door. He was there sitting while fixing his own necktie. Ugh not again, you think."Ouh, Minji you're here. I accidentally pull it and now I can't fix it, can you do it for me?" He grin at you.