Vincent chuckled as he ran his hand through his spiky dark hair. I could have bet you right there and then that millions of girls fell out of their seats because of that one gesture. "No one should be upset because I would never date her. There's nothing I found of her that's attractive anyways. So relax."

I had to admit though, during my first and second year of high school, I wasn't that physically attractive compared to every other girl in my school. I wore baggy clothes and my hair was always a mess back then. However, everyone didn't seem to care because I was a nice person-- I still had friends that saw me as just me. When Vincent had made that comment of me, I actually I cried because well, the comment he made about me actually stung. If he had made that comment about any other girl, I was pretty sure she would have felt the same, so yes, I cried. I knew I was being a typical girl but it was only for that one night that I allowed myself to be pathetic because the day after that, I went out to by contact lenses and get my hair done. It was that day that I got that blue streak in my hair.  I didn't go out and buy a new wardrobe because I still preferred baggy clothes, but with my new hairstyle and no glasses on, it was enough for everyone to see the difference. And after two years, you could tell that I looked different and felt different. Even without the small makeover I did for myself, mother nature sure did know how to work her magic because I was living proof that beauty took time before it could fully blossom.

When senior year rolled around, I almost completely forgotten about Vincent Gray. I had high hopes that I would gain a scholarship from University of Toronto and because everyone was insisting that I would get the valedictorian award, I knew that senior year would be my year. And even with the rockstar here, I still hope it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Mine!" I shouted as I bumped the volley-ball.

I watched as the ball flew over the net and as two girls ran up to bump it. None of them called for the ball so they ended up colliding with each other. As they fell to the ground, so did the volley-ball. It was right then that the shouts and cheers of my team-mates echoed through the gym.

I smiled as I high-fived all my team-mates.

"Carson!" My P.E teacher, said loudly.

I turned my head slightly and saw the teacher walking towards me with a smile. "You did good out there, Lovette," Mrs. Woodsley said as she patted my back. "Now can you tell me why you didn't try out for the volleyball team this year?" She raised an eyebrow at me as all the girls ran to the change-rooms.

With a heavy sigh, I wiped the sweat off my face. "I need to, ugh,  focus on my studies," I finally managed to say. "I'm so sorry but I'll try out for the soccer team next month."

Mrs. Woodsley laughed. "You'll get into U of T," she insisted. "Stop worrying so much about it. I think all the teachers can agree that you've worked your ass of during the fours you've been here. So relax. Have fun. This is your senior year, remember that, alright?"

I nodded. "Will do, coach."

"Now go get changed," she said. "And I better see you at those soccer try-outs next month."

"You will!" I waved as I ran to the change-rooms.

Phys. Ed was my last class of the day so I always had to change fast so I could catch the bus on time. Unlike so many of my classmates, I didn't own any sort of vehicle whatsoever. My single mother could never afford such a thing so I always had to take the public transit using my own money I got from my job.  It was because of my mother's financial problems that I've always worked hard on my academics. I knew she couldn't afford my University tuition so I had to do good in high school to get that scholarship because even with the money I was earning at the local cafe, I wouldn't be able to afford the tuition either.