Amethyst x Mute!Reader

Start from the beginning

Unlike the first woman, she had no shades which allowed blue eyes to be revealed. And upon her forehead was a smooth, white egg shape, sticking out like a sore thumb.

It was the final girl that gained my attention. An odd skin tone of purple with the longest hair I had ever seen, trailing down to the floor. Peeking out from her shirt was a purple gemstone.

She was shorter than me and roughly Steven's height with a slightly similar build.

The tall one with shades looked at me before waving with a hand. "Hello (y/n), I am Garnet." My eyebrows raised as she signed this, revealing two garnets with a triangle and square cut in them on her palms.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Garnet." I replied, smiling sweetly. The purple girl frowned in confusion.

"Yo G-Dawg... what's with the jazz hands?" Her voice was raspy but childlike. It was cute.

Garnet looked at the purple girl. "I was talking to (y/n)." She said in a monotone voice.

"Wait... how did you know I'm mute?... I assumed Steven told you but they don't appear to realise..." I signed, looking at the other two women.

"Future vision." I frowned.

"Oh I know how to sign! It is so much fun! I just didn't realise you communicate this way!" The taller one moved her hands quickly, smiling slightly.

"Um can someone tell me what's going on?" The purple girl called out.

No one responded to her since Steven began to explain to the others that he was a translator for me.

"Well good for you Steven- I'm glad you've found a new friend." The pale girl smiled as the purple one groaned.

"Whatever...I'm Amethyst!" The girl called out.

"Nice to meet you Amethyst!" I signed, smiling brightly. She looked at me in confusion before looking at Garnet.

"Um what?" She dead planned.

"Oh I'm so silly, I forgot to tell you- I'm Pearl!" Pearl laughed at herself.

"That makes sense." I signed, "since that's a pearl right there." I pointed to my forehead as she nodded.

"Well yes, we are what you humans say, aliens!" My eyes widened as I realised that Steven had all the time been telling the truth.

"Can we please just talk?!" Amethyst cried out, frustrated obviously. Garnet looked at her.

"Amethyst, we are talking and I understand that you do not understand so let me explain what-"

"Whatever, I'm going to my room." She childishly ran to a door at the end of the house and opened it somehow with a bright light.

"Amethyst!" Steven called out to her and jumped up, bashing his small fists against the door.

"Steven, just let her cool off, I swear she can be so rude! And in front of (y/n)! I'm so sorry (Y/n) that you had to see her like that I-" Garnet cut her off.

"(Y/n), go talk to her." I raised my eyebrows, scared i'd make it worse. "Don't worry about it- nothing will get worse." My mouth dropped open in surprise as she slid her shades down her nose, revealing a third eye.

"What?!" I signed frantically.

"Future vision." She said once more, pushing the shades back into place and signalling for Pearl to do something.

"My room? Oh well I suppose... third fountain from the right and you'll find your way to Amethyst." Pearl said as the gem on her forehead began to glow.

A matching stone on the door lit up, dissolving the door and revealing an entrance.

I turned to look at Steven uncertainly. "It's okay- I've been inside before..." I nodded and hesitantly walked through, surprised to find myself standing in a room with nothing but fountains.

The doorway vanished behind me as I saw Garnet give me a thumbs up. Then I was alone.

I glanced at the third fountain that was described to me. I carefully made my way towards it and stood on it, surprised to fall through without a single hair getting wet.

I landed in some room that was incredibly messy. No system of organisation and almost everything was broken.

A clearing was up ahead surprisingly, so naturally, I followed.

It lead me to an empty space with Amethyst sitting in the middle, back facing towards me.

She was quiet, no breathing at all. I couldn't hear a single breath which kind of scared me.

I walked silently towards her, sitting down beside her and catching her off guard when I poked her shoulder.

"AGH WHAT THE FLIP?!" She screamed and stared at me. "Oh... it's just you." She said plainly. "How did you even get in here."

I looked at her before signing. "Pearl let me through her door." Amethyst rolled her eyes and swatted a hand in my face.

"Cool... like I have any idea about what you're doing." It then dawned on me that Amethyst had never heard of sign language and probably thought I was making fun of her.

I shook my head violently. She stared at me and cocked her head to the side. "No?" I nodded my head before pointing at myself. "You?" She guessed.

I shook my head once more. "No? I-I don't find this joke very funny i-" I began grabbing at my throat while shaking my head.

"Huh? You... no throat?" She asked as I frowned. I opened and closed my hand, four fingers touching my thumb as I acted out a person talking.

"Chat?" She asked as I nodded. "You no chat? Oh! You can't talk!" I nodded as she frowned. "Wait... you can't?"

I shook my head as I placed a hand to my chin, thinking of how to explain why I couldn't talk.

"Hang on." She said, the gemstone, which I assumed was an Amethyst, glowed brightly as a large whip was formed. She used it to grab a giant table that was stacked upon hundreds of other furniture and pulled it down, opening a drawer and pulling a pencil and note pad out.

"You can... you can write, right?" I nodded and began to scribble an explanation.

She peered over to see what I had written and immediately frowned. It made me sad too, all I had ever done was see her frown- I really wanted to see a smile.

"You're a mute? You can't talk and use "sign language" to communicate? That's the thing you guys were doing before right? Sign language." I nodded my head as she sighed. "Is there a way I can learn? I wanna be able to talk to you- you're a cool person (y/n)... that's your name right?"

"Yes." I wrote down.

"Cool... hey! What if you teach me?" She said, a smile displayed on her face. I grinned as she looked at me hopefully.

The first smile of hers I had ever seen. "Sure!" I wrote, watching her clap her hands in delight.

"So where do we start?" I demonstrated the alphabet to her and taught her how to spell words. That way we could at least spell out what we needed to say.

"Hey (y/n)?" Amethyst had asked, ten minutes into the lesson. I looked up to her and signed the word "yes?" While nodding. "Thanks... how do you say that in sign language?" She asked.

I placed my dominant hand flat and directly in front of my lips and brought it down towards Amethyst.

She copied me and smiled. "Yeah, that's it." I wrote down as she smiled once more.

She placed her hand to her lips and brought it down once more. "I'll get the hang of this- for you I will."