Chapter Sixteen ; Blood

Sometimes I stay up all night thinking about my fingers brushing through your long, dark hair,
or your big, glistening eyes that twinkle when you smile at my stupid jokes,
I used to think about how long I'd wait to even get the chance to speak to you.
And how they say you'll fall for someone at least once in your life that you'll keep coming back to.
I hope that years from now,
when you're sitting at the kitchen table and you're angry because the kids are being too noisy,
you'll look over and I'll be standing at the doorway, that you'll smile at me.
Because the day you gave me that chance to speak to you, was the day I knew I found my happiness.
And sometimes I still stay up all night, wondering if I'll ever be good enough for you.
Because when I look at you, there's something special about the way you look back at me.

By the time you read this I'll be gone. But don't worry, I'm coming back soon and we're going to make that life for ourselves that we talked about. I promise.

-E

Fuck all these fucking broken promises.

More tears drooled down my face as I folded the paper and put it into my hoodie pocket.

"Ethan.." I groaned into the noises of the wood, "Why are you doing this to me?" My heart throbs and my head hurts from crying, I just want him in my arms.

---

"Tea or coffee?" Dad asked as he stood up from my bed and walked to the door.

"Coffee", I replied plainly, still staring blankly at the wall in front of me. I shuffled down in my bed and closed my eyes, I seen flashbacks of Ethan and I together, we were happy. I shook my head and opened my eyes again.

11pm, read my phone. I caught a cold from staying out too long in the rain last week, and I've had to stay in my cabin whilst Dad took care of me.

Everything I looked at reminded me of Ethan. He was the only thing on my mind, I can't imagine my life years from now if he doesn't come back for me.

My door knocked, disturbing my thoughts, I sniffed and waited for it to open. Grayson's hand crept by the door and pushed it open, his face was blank and full of defeat. I sat up in bed and opened my arms to him, all I wanted was a hug. Grayson ran towards me and hugged me so hard I had to pull away to breathe.

"Camellia I'm sorry", he started crying, "please forgive me". Tears fell down his cheeks and his lips wobbled.

"Of course I forgive you", I replied, holding back any tears. "I've been a stupid bitch to you, I was just mad and holding a grudge".

"It's okay, I just want us to be good again", Grayson winced as I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

I reached to hug Grayson again when I heard another knock on the door. My dad appeared with a coffee cup, he looked strangely at Grayson and I sitting together. "Dad he's leaving now", I huffed, knowing that he was about to start shouting at Grayson for being in my room.

Grayson stood up to leave and Dad closed the door and handed me my coffee, "No, stay. I need to talk to both of you".

Shaken, Grayson sat back back down on the bed and watched as Dad stood with a dead face in front of us.

Dad gulped and started speaking with a dull voice, "The jeep Ethan stole has been found".

"What? Where is he?" I said frantically, standing up from the bed. Ethan's been found, my heart was skipping beats at the thought of having him in my arms again.

"No Camellia, sit back down", Dad beckoned. I sat back down again and frowned at Dad who's face hadn't changed. "The jeep was found last night crashed into a ditch on Campton street, it was really badly damaged".

"So where's Ethan? Is he okay?" I asked. Dad shook his head, what the fuck is he shaking his head for?

"Ethan wasn't in the car. The inside of the car was covered in blood, it was sampled and it's Ethan's", Dad paused and looked at me with sad eyes, "There was a large amount of blood, too much for Ethan to still be alive".