Chapter 4: Mysteries Uncovered

The entire time my mouth remained in a constant 'O' shape, as Ian's past slowly uncovered to me, and was definitely nothing that I'd expected.

"So how did it happen, then?" I managed to ask, still in disbelief.

"She saw the texts.." He began for what felt to be the final time.

....................................................................................................................................

"Ian what the fuck is this!?" My mom barged through my bedroom door forcing me to take off my headphones.

"What?" I shouted in annoyance, "Could've just knocked, you almost broke the damn door!"

"Who's threatening you!?" She screamed, her eyes red in fury and rather than worry, all I could see was anger. My mom had this temper problem ever since my father left her and because of it, she almost made wrong choices and took things to the extreme.

"No one, mom." I  simply sighed, "it's nothing, alright?"

I hadn't told my mom about anything, She knew I'd gone to visit Colton for the summer and after that whole problem, I stayed in a hotel for the remaining time, I got drunk, made a few friends in bars and places and it was actually a pretty good time but after coming back, I thought it'd be best if I just lied to her and told her everything was cool, Colton was doing fine and it was a good visit. I didn't want her to be part of any problems so I hid it from her.

"It says and I quote 'You're gonna die a slow and painful death, just you wait bitch." She stared at me, her eye slightly twitching in anger as she waited for a response.

"Why were looking through my phone!?" I shouted getting off of my seat as the realization struck me, "That's my private shit! you ain't got no right!"

"I'm your mother, I have all the right in the world. " She narrowed her eyes giving me a smug yet still annoyed look, "Now explain this to me!!"

"Okay look." I started before I explained everything to her, each detail and exactly how long I'd actually spent with Colton- and doing what.

After I finished the explanation, she simply sat there in silence making me worried of how she'd react. My mom was never silent, she always had something to say and the fact that she was speechless right now was making me seriously shit myself.

"Mom...?" I simply whispered.

"I can't believe they did that to you!" She gasped. I looked at her in surprise because of her reaction; I thought she'd beat me up after knowing about the marijuana but it seemed like she didn't give a damn about that. That was one of the perks of having a messed up mother who smoked pot herself.

"Yeah well.." I shrugged not knowing how to respond.

"I'm gonna go and give those assholes what they deserve" She stated before rushing downstairs and pulling a gun out form under the sink.

I followed her downstairs to see her pulling the gun out and my eyes widened in shock, "what the fuck, why do you have that in the house!?"

"For emergencies like this, don't worry It's just to scare them" She stated and quickly left the house before I could stop her.

.............................................................................................................................

(NINA'S P.O.V)

"Oh my god" I place my hand on my forehead rubbing it as I started to feel a little dizzy.

"I went out the house and she's already took off with my car and she wouldn't pick up her mobile phone so all I could really do was just for her to come back" Ian said.

"And when did she?" I asked.

"After a week I got a call from her and for the first time ever... she was crying" Ian said tightening his grip on to my hand as he forced himself to continue talking, "she kept saying things like 'I didn't mean to' and 'It wasn't supposed to happen this way' and she just kept weeping and the finally told be she'd killed Colton's friend Jesse"

A small gasp escaped my lips even though I knew what was coming.

"And do you remember that time when my mum had walked in on us and her jeans were bloody?"

I stared at him and then hesitantly responded, "Yes"

"I told you then that it was best if you didn't know, but I think you should now" He said and then hesitated before continuing, "Jesse's friends went after her, but my mom's pretty tough... trust me, she handled it better this time but she still managed to get them to bleed by kicking their asses" He smiled temporarily and it quickly faded away as he remembered her present state.

"So..you think" I stopped, not knowing to phrase my question, "you think what has happened.. to her" I hesitated again wondering if what I was about to say would give him any more ideas.

"Yes, I think that's why she was killed and I know exactly who did it" He gritted his teeth in anger, "Colton"

"But he's in prison?" I reminded Ian.

"He probably got bailed out" Ian kicked the table a little in anger.

"How can you be so sure it's him?" I asked still not understanding why he was so convinced.

"Look for yourself" He simply stated before handing me his mobile phone with an unknown text opened up and it read as follows:

From: +7733387786

Hey bro, heard about your mom. I pay my respects.

Karma's a bitch though, ain't it?

"I put him in jail, He was after me but he thought having to live with guilt for the rest of my life was better than killing me, so he killed her." Ian slowly admitted.

I looked up at Ian to see him looking down at the floor with a facial expression of shamefulness. I placed my hand on his shoulder before he jerked it away and stood up.

"Don't give me any comfort or sympathy Nina, I don't deserve it" He stated facing away from me.

"You do Ian, it wasn't your fault" I sighed, "It was just the way everything happened, You can't blame yourself for everything" I sighed.

"It all started because of me! Because I decided to pick up that joint and smoke that weed! I'm a bad person Nina, I don't deserve your care" He said and went straight for the door to exit.

"Ian" I softly called him before he stopped walking, I rushed towards him and gave him a big long hug, holding him tightly in my arms as a tear streamed down his face and he gripped on to my back pulling in to the hug.

Sorry it wasn't the longest but I'll try to make the next chapter atleast 3 pages for you guysss <3