23. Always be my baby

1 month later...

Aaliyah

"You ready to go home, sweetie?"

"Yes mama. I'm so tired of being here, you don't even know."

"Sweetie trust me. I understand." She said. I smiled.

I can't wait to get the fuck out of here for real. Just laying in this hospital bed is so dull and obviously everybody knows that I'm far from a dull person.

Oh yeah, Pac got out two weeks ago. I can't wait to see him, I wonder how he's doing and if he's been thinking about me too. Lord knows I miss him.

My mama helped me put my clothes into the hospital take home bag. After we did that she helped me into the wheel chair and off we went. Home sweet home.

•••

We pulled up at my house, I smiled about to get out of the car until my mama stopped me. "Huh?" I questioned.

"You should go out." She said.

"What? Why?"

"Ya know. Get your hair did, a new outfit, something like that."

I put my hand on my hip, "You tryna get me out of here?"

"What? No, I just--." She started.

"I get it mama," I cut her off. I continued, twirling my curly hair, "You don't like my hair."

"Exactly!" She exclaimed.

I kissed my teeth, "Oh whatever. I love my curls."

"They are messed up now."

"Fine. I'll go and get my hair done then, since you want me out of here so bad..." I mumbled the last part.

"Okay hurry up, go! Shoo, shoo!" She yelled pushing me lightly.

"Okay I'm going!" I got back into the car after my parents got out and drove off.

Hair Salon

I walked in and the smell of strong hair products hit my nose hard. I covered my nose as I walked up to the counter, I rung the bell stepping back abit.

After a minute a brown skin lady came up to the counter and greeted me. "So how do you want your hair done today?" She asked.

"Washed and straightened." I said.

"Alright follow me."

I came around the counter and followed her to a chair. I sat down and she got started on my hair. I wonder what my mama's doing, she's up to something, definitely.

I shook it off, enjoying this scalp massage, lord knows I need it. She finished my hair in an hour, I ran my fingers through it and smiled, I missed my straight hair alot.

After I paid her I went and got a couple new outfits. I put one on and headed back over to my parents house. I sighed looking at the house, I wonder what's planned.

I got out of my car and made my way up the porch steps, knocking on the door. I twist the door knob and it was open, I walked inside to find all the lights off.

"I'm back!" Why is it so dark in here, I questioned to myself as I went to flick on the light.

I flicked it on. "SURPRISE!!!"

I looked around the room and I saw people in my family that I haven't seen since I was like 11 years old. I started giggling I missed them all so, so much.

"Welcome home, baby." My mama smiled.

"Thanks ma, it's really like home with everyone here like this." I told her holding back my tears.

"Aw, sweetie we love you too." They said.

"It's been, forever." I cried.

"Aw, honey were together now." Said my great Aunt Val.

I nodded and smiled. "Well." I spread my arms wide and they all came in and we shared a long, warm, heart felt, hug.

Then there was a knock at the door. "I got it." I said.

I went to the door and just opened it. "Aye! Didn't yo mama teach you to ask who it is, before you open the door?" He joked.

My eyes got big in shock, "Pac?"

"What's sup." He smiled.

I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and he instantly hugged me back. I missed this man so much, I now know that he's been feeling the same way.

He broke our hug, "Welcome home."

"Thanks." I said.

"Can we talk in private?"

"Sure, Pac." I grabbed his hand and lead him through all of my family members they all were staring pretty hard.

We went into the back yard together. I let go of his hand and folded my arms. "I didn't think I'd ever see you again...."

"Well here I am." He responded. I nodded.

"Aight look Liyah. I first wanna start off by apologizing to you for everything. I never meant to hurt you, shit I never meant to hurt us."

"Forgiven."

"And, I wanna get back with you. I know that I put you through hell, but no more. I want to be the man to you, that you wanted me to be, I love you and I need you."

"I'm willing to give you another chance to prove to me, Pac." I said wiping away my tear.

"Really? Why though? I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy as fuck right now, but I cheated on you and I didn't appreciate the love that you gave me. So why do you think that I deserve another chance?"

I sighed. "Honestly Pac. You don't, but I love you and I need you."

"Come here."

I came to him and he grabbed my face with both hands and pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes kissing him back damn I missed this so much.

Why am I so crazy about this man?

I would answer that if I knew how...Even after everything that we've been through. It has never changed the way that I feel about him, he'll always be my baby. I don't care say I'm stupid, but at the end of the day I'm still gonna try and make things work with Pac.

Because, I love him...

He broke our kiss and wrapped his arms around me. "Let's go inside, you got a party going on in there."

"Yeah, my relatives came out here to see me." I replied.

"Well, let's go then." He threw his arm around me and we walked back inside of my house.