19. The things that you say

Saturday night

Aaliyah

I looked in the mirror, for the fifth time in the same hour. I was just so nervous to go out with Dre tonight. I didn't even know what to wear, a dress, a skirt, pants, shorts. I was just really excited for some reason.

But I finally decided that I was just gonna wear a cute shirt and my blue jeans. I grabbed my small mirror, fixing my hair in it, I smiled at myself. I looked amazing even without all the effort.

I don't mean to sound conceited, but I felt my confidence coming back. I felt great, and I wasn't worried about all the thick, woman that obviously HE wanted.

I heard my door bell ringing, that must be him now. I grabbed my purse before walking down the stairs. I opened the door and in came, Dre. He looked amazing tonight, I couldn't stop staring at him, "Hey, Aaliyah." He smiled.

I smiled back, "Hi, Dre."

"Damn. You look amazing tonight girl." He complimented.

"Thanks, so do you."

"Thanks. Let's go." He held out his hand. I grabbed his hand letting him lead the way to his car.

Paula's pasta

"Welcome to Paula's Pasta. I'm Lydel, I'll be your server tonight." Our waiter greeted us.

"Hi Lydel." I smiled.

Dre just smiled, "We'd like a minute or two, ya know to actually look at the menu."

I playfully rolled my eyes at his smart mouth, "Yeah just a few minutes, please."

She nodded, looking at Dre like she wanted to jump over the table and beat on him. I tried my hardest not to laugh, but I eventually failed and I found myself crying with laughter.

She stormed off into the back area. "Why, Dre?!" I giggled out.

"I mean, she came over here as soon as we sat down, so." He shrugged.

"Your point is taken."

He bust out laughing, that's one thing that I loved about both Tupac and Dre was that, "I don't give a fuck" attitude. It was just so hilarious to me, ya know how they talked to people without a care in the world.

Even though I was starting to feel happy again. I couldn't help, but feel like something was missing. Or maybe, someone. I shook the thought off as I saw the waiter and her manager walking back over to our table, "She's nervous now, Dre..." I whispered to him.

He kissed his teeth, "Mannnn." He waved his hand.

I giglgled, shaking my head. I could already tell that we were gonna have a fun night together...

"Can I start you guys off with something to drink?" She asked.

"Yes. I would like ice water." I said.

She nodded before turning to face Dre, "And for you?"

"Yeah, let me get a root beer."