17. Over it

Aaliyah

I'm starting something new and I couldn't be happier, I'm now in the process of becoming a cilent on The aftermath. I guess the word got out about me not having a contract anymore and boom here I am working with the man himself, Dr. Dre.

Well I haven't actually talked to him yet, but that's my homie, I'm excited to get out there in the music world again it's been a long year with Tupac and the shitlawz and I'm over it....

I now know not to get involved in dating somebody you work with, it never works out. Well anyways I couldn't be happier for this opportunity, I just hope that it goes good.

I'm supposed to be going over there today, just have to wait for Dre to call me, I'm so excited. I should start getting dressed now, cause I don't know when Dre is gonna show up. He could be here any minute and I don't wanna keep him waiting, after he kindly took some time out of his busy day to meet with me.

•••

I was humming, cooking some stir fry for dinner tonight I started early on it, because I don't know how long I'll be gone. My door bell started ringing that's probably him now I put the top on the pan before jetting to the door. I opened the door after I saw his tall reflection, he had some flowers and a red box in his hands.

"Ahhhh! Dre!" I squealed.

"Hey baby girl, how you been?" He smiled.

"I've been great. I'd return the question, but I already can tell by the looks of you!" I complimented.

"Thanks baby girl. Give me some love." He held his arms out for a hug.

I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck, I gave him a long squeeze and he did the same. I broke the hug and pulled him inside, shutting the door behind us.

"These are for you." He said handing me the box and flowers.

I took then out of his hands, "Aw thanks Dre."

"Your more than welcome." He smiled. I smiled back, I was about to open the box until he stopped me.

"Open it later."

"Okay then. I missed you so much Dre." I wrapped my arms around his neck once again. I soon felt his hands on my lower back, causing me to smile and squeeze him tighter.

He held my hands and eyed me up and down, "Damn Liyah you look amazing. Who you looking all good for? Me?" He joked. Well I think he was joking, didn't sound like it to me though....

"Oh Dre." I playfully rolled my eyes.

He chuckled, "So let's talk business..."

"Oh yea. Um, I wanna join your label..."

His eyes got wide in shock, "For real?!"

Dre's reaction made me giggle, "Yes."

"Perfect." He smirked.

I smiled, "I'll go and grab my jacket then."

"You do that." He said.

After that we left, Aftermath Entertainment here I come!

As I looked out the window I could feel Dre's eyes on me. I didn't think nothing of it though ya know, men gonna be men. A hour an a half later we pulled up at Aftermath Entertainment.

He turned to me before getting out the car and asked, "You ready?"

"I was born ready." I told him. I had so much confidence.

"Well shit, let's go then." After that we got out of the car and entered Aftermath Entertainment.

"Wow this is amazing Dre!"

"Thanks baby girl. Come on."

"Where are we going to?"

He began to smirk, "To the studio."

•••

I took off my headphones and came out of the booth, I looked up and Dre was cheesing at me. I smiled back at him as I quickly approached him, "So? How was it?"

"Just like old times, baby girl! We still gonna make you into that super star you always wanted to be!"

"Thanks Dre." I was cheesing.

"Let's take a break. You hungry?"

"Yeah."

He held out his hand, I looked down, before placing my hand on top of his. He gripped it, we started going towards three golden elevators, I swear this place is everything man.

He let me on before him I thanked him, we went all the way down to the first floor. He decided that he wanted to sit outside so I agreed to it. It was a lovely day outside, I couldn't believe this place, it's just so perfect, Dre was doing it huge now.

"I heard what happened with you and Tu---."_ He started.

"So are you dating now?" I asked cutting him off.

"Actually no I'm not. Are you?"

He sensed that I didn't wanna talk about it, so he just continued, I know that he wanted an answer. "I'm over it..." I said.

He just nodded. "Well um, look.. I wanna take you out, say Saturday?"

My eyes grew wide with shock, "Sure Dre."

He smiled, "That's great."

I swear he's so sweet taking his lonely friend out to dinner Saturday, I actually can't wait for some reason. Man, last time I got this excited was the beginning of last year I'm blessed to have a friend like Dre, honestly I truly love him.