6. Makaveli Records

Aaliyah

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"I'm going to start Makaveli Records, baby."

"What? Your leaving Death Row?"

"I told you this. Remember when I gave you that folded-up piece of paper? Did you even read it?"

"I was too mad. I just put it aside."

"This not gon change nothing, baby. I'm still gon be your's girl." He hugged me tightly.

"Just cause you're leaving means we can't work together anymore?"

He sighed, "Aaliyah, I don't want anything to do with Death Row anymore."

"So we can't do an album together?" My voice started crackling a bit.

"Unless you come to Makaveli records with me." He smirked.

I looked at him and smiled. "Okay, I'll do it." I agreed.

"For real?" He asked, shocked.

"Pac, you've been with me through all of this. I don't want to let you go. I love you too much to be apart."

"I love you too, baby."

He pressed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. I'm leaving Death Row next week, and I couldn't be happier.

•••

Pac's starting Makaveli Records today, but I'm still happy that I'm soon going with him. He's right, though. I should be seeing more, way more. I didn't want to see Suge's face, so I decided to call him, and Pac told me to stay away from him anyways.

Phone convo

"Hello?" Suge said through the phone.

I sighed. "Morning, Suge, um, this is Aaliyah."

"Oh hey, baby girl, when you coming in today?"

"That's what I was calling about. I'm not..."

He got silent over the phone for a minute. I heard him put the phone down. He was putting me on speaker, so I grabbed a tape and pressed play.

"So you coming in tomorrow?"

"Suge, I'm leaving Death Row. I can't deal with you taking my money, and I can't have that anymore, so goodbye."

He chuckled through the phone. "I still have you for another two whole albums and a three-disc album."

"What?"

"You should have read yo fucking contract, baby girl." Suge laughed.

"Suge, what the fuck?! A three-pre-disc album?! What the fuck is that?!!!" I shouted in anger now.

"If you come in, we can talk about it."

"I'm not coming anywhere! They're gonna get me out of your dumb-ass contract, so go to hell!" I yelled before hanging up on him. He's a greedy, dirty man.

So I started packing my stuff. I called Pac, telling him it's done and to come and get me. Before I knew it, we were off to Cali to go to Makaveli records.

Makaveli Records

We walked inside holding hands; of course, a camera crew was outside, but I didn't even care, and neither did Pac.

We sat down at a table, and Pac pulled out a contract sliding it to me. "Pac, Suge has me down for two whole albums and a pre-three disc album also."

He kissed his teeth, "What type of dumb shit is that?! I should go back and beat the shit out of him. He never quit, do he!!!" He snapped.

"What am I gonna do?" I asked him, growing worried.

"What your gonna do is sign with me and make music, and I'll get you out of yo contract with Suge. Aight baby? Don't stress. You know I got you." He assured me, rubbing my shoulders.

I smiled. "I love you, baby." I kissed him.

"I love you more, girl."

After our little make-out session, I signed the contract, and we went to the studio. "So, how do you like being a full-time businessman?" I asked Pac, going into the booth with him behind me.

"Baby, I love it. This is exactly what I fucking needed. I can't have anybody on my back. I needed my shit." He wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so proud of you, Tupac." I smiled.

"And I'm so proud of you. For not being stupid and staying at bitch row." He chuckled.

I giggled, shaking my head, "So who are you gonna sign, Mr. Makaveli?" I smirked.

"I love the sound of that, but people have already been calling like crazy and sending in tapes like a bitch."

"Well, have you looked at any audition tapes yet?" I asked, looking up into his big brown eyes.

"I'm gon start tomorrow. You wanna help me?"

"Of course, baby."

•••

"Baby, wake up. It's time." Pac said.

I grabbed my robe and followed him downstairs, sitting on his couch. He smiled at me. I smiled back. He hit play on the remote button.

First video

"Hey Tupac, I'm 21 years old, and I'm gonna be singing Aaliyah age ain't nothing but a number."

She started slow, then high, and she's not good. Pac flicked to the next one. "It's okay, Pac. That was only the first one." I rubbed his shoulders.

•••

I tried my best to stay up as I laid my head on his chest. He sighed and played another video of some tall girl with chocolate skin and a high bun.

"She might be the first one that was good." Pac laughed.

I giggled back, "I know, right? What's her name?"

"Ion even know." He shrugged.

So we got her name and number and kept going with the videos. I can't wait to make our album together; I'm pleased I left Death Row. I should have listened in the beginning anyways.