The Lock-In (RQ) Part 2

"Of course. Of all the people to get stuck in here with, it just had to be you, didn't it?!" You shot out angrily, kicking the door with your foot lightly. Hiro hadn't intended on starting a fight with you (to be fair, he wasn't planning to make friends with you either), but your comment immediately gave him reason to shoot one back.

"Hey, I don't like this any more than you do, alright? Stop acting like a child!"

"Me acting like a child?!" You scoffed. "How much querulousness can there be in the body of one small boy?"

"Jeez, how much anger can there be in the body of one small girl?" He fired back. By this point, you were so infuriated, but had nothing to say to his remark. Clenching your fists, you turned away from him, hoping that soon enough Honey Lemon would have enough of her little prank and let you and Hiro out.

It didn't seem like it was happening anytime soon though. With nothing to amuse you except for the sound of Hiro's breathing, you were starting to go a little crazy with boredom. It was as though time didn't exist anymore. How long has it been since you were locked in here? 15 minutes? An hour? Two hours? You had no idea, and perhaps you could've gotten out of here a lot earlier if you tried calling for help, but both you and Hiro were too proud to do anything like that. And anyway, you two weren't in any immediate danger. Just immediate bad moods.

But at least you had a lot of time to think.

Honey Lemon probably did this to try and get you and Hiro to reconcile. Why? She was fully aware of how much both you and Hiro hated each other. You two were at each other's throats enough as it was, and to lock you both in the janitor's closet was like asking for death, in your eyes. You began to prepare a scoff at the image of you and Hiro actually being friends...

Actually, why was it that you and Hiro weren't friends? You all had mutual friends, and had similar interests. What was so different about the both of you that caused you two to become mortal enemies? His smile at the top mark, that you took as a smirk? Was it even a smirk? Were you the one who was wrong? So then... Could it be possible that you misinterpreted it somehow? Could you have taken it as a smirk when he was just simply smiling, just because of your jealousy and your insistence to believe the worst about him? You've certainly never seen him commit any acts of violence, and all your friends liked him a lot...

Suddenly, you began to feel more and more unsure about yourself.

"...(y/n)?" Hiro called, making you jump.

"...yes?" You answered in a very measured voice.

"Honey Lemon probably isn't going to let us out until we talk things through, you know."

You chuckled, all anger having vanished now that you had time to think things through at least a little bit. "No kidding, genius."

More silence. And then...

"How did all this start, (y/n)?"

You sighed, trying to cast your mind back and think back to the beginning of it all. Who started it? Who tried to sabotage who first?

"Well, you made me spill my drink across my concept plan for a robot..." you recalled.

"That was an accident, (y/n)!" He sighed, exasperated.

You smiled ruefully. "I know. I just... had to get you back for that one, remember the whole 'I kicked your project under the table by mistake' thing? I just wasn't expecting you to retaliate," you admitted, crossing your arms and leaning against the wall. "And maybe it could've become friendly banter, if... Well..." you blushed suddenly, grateful for the darkness that surrounded the both of you.