Amnesia (part 2)

This time, it was your world that came crashing down. You could feel the piercing sharp pain stab you, right where your heart was. Your eyes widened, your breathing became shallow as you gently removed your hands from your love and backed away.

Hiro was still looking at you inquisitively, unsure of why those words had such an effect on you. She must have been someone special... but I've never seen her before. At least... I don't think...

"Miss, are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" Hiro asked, feeling terrible. You looked absolutely heartbroken and shattered, but why? He's never seen you before... right?

You shook your head silently. "U-um, just excuse me for a moment..." Not letting a moment go to waste, you dash out of the room towards Aunt Cass, who gave you a look of surprise.

"That was quick..."

"He doesn't remember me." You whispered to her. You weren't crying... well, not just yet, but you were still in extreme shock. He couldn't remember you.

Aunt Cass' eyes widened as well as she glanced at the cream coloured door. "He doesn't?"

"No..." You shook your head, wrapping your arms around yourself protectively, as if that would make a difference. "Aunt Cass, this is all my fault. If I hadn't-"

"Hush," she shook her head immediately. "Do not blame yourself, that is the last thing you should be doing. Just sit down and have a rest, and I'll go talk to him." So you did as she asked, sinking down in a hard, plastic chair and burying your face in your hands as she slipped inside quietly.

How could this have happened? Did he do it on purpose? Did he crash himself... trying to... kill himself? No... no way, he knew he had a bright future even if he had to do it without you. So what was the point of crashing himself? What did he hope to gain out of it? To prove a point? Did he even do it himself? Hiro was usually very careful when on the roads, especially if he was driving Tadashi's beloved moped, so...

Maybe you were panicking. Maybe it wasn't your fault, maybe a crazy wacko car just swerved in when he or she wasn't supposed to and just so happened to crash into Hiro. Yeah. You feel a small glimmer of hope. Maybe it wasn't your fault.

Of course it is, stupid. You broke his damn heart brutally and didn't even bother to contact him again, of course it's your fault.

You shake that thought out of your head fervently. You wouldn't think of it like that; instead you'll treat this as another chance: a new beginning for you and Hiro.

...Well, until you had to leave, but you decided to postpone your trip, you were sure the new university and your parents would understand. Even though you couldn't avoid it forever, you could at least spend this time with him, and hopefully have some good memories to bring with you when you leave.

"(y/n)?" You look up at the kind voice that belonged to Aunt Cass.

"Hiro would like to see you," she smiled as she gestured inside, although her smile looked sad. You stand up, feeling your legs becoming slightly shaky as you stepped through the door towards your old love. There he was with his mop of messy black hair and clear brown eyes, looking as adorable as ever.

The both of you barely registered the door being softly shut. Hiro stared at you awkwardly for a moment before clearing his throat and asking tentatively, "...You're my girlfriend?"

There was a part of you that couldn't even believe he had to ask that question. All those dates, kisses, hand-holding, smiling, inside jokes, laughs... you couldn't believe it was all gone.

"...Yeah," Your voice broke and you hurriedly cleared your throat. "...yeah, I was. Am." You were going to cry. You just knew it. You were going to cry right in front of him, and he wasn't going to have any clue on how to deal with a random female stranger crying in his room.