Start Again (part 3)

You didn't remember the taxi ride home at all (besides purchasing a last minute plane ticket while the car was moving, making you feel a little dizzy). All you had were blurry, unclear images of tossing random things into your suitcase and hauling it out your front door before hopping into the same taxi, clumsily telling him your destination: the airport. 

Now here you were, sat in a plane while twiddling your fingers nervously. You had a long 5 hours and 45 minutes ahead of you before you landed in San Fransokyo, and honestly you couldn't tell if you were nervous or excited. Either way, you were feeling a little light-headed... you wished you had a window seat, but since you booked your ticket so late, you had a seat right in the middle of the row, right at the back by yourself. 

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome to San Fransokyo airlines..." 

You leaned back in your seat. This was it. You were really doing this. You were really going to see him again after thirteen long years apart. 

"If you haven't already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bin..."

In the rush to get out the door and catch this flight, all the doubts and worries that you had pushed aside came rushing back, hitting you all at once and rendering you dizzy in seconds. 

What if he hates me? 

 "Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt..." 

Okay, but if I explain everything to him, he'll understand and forgive me and maybe... just maybe... eventually... get back together? 

 "Tampering with, disabling or destroying the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited by law..."

But what if he thinks you made him look like a fool? What if... he gets fired because I gave him a bad reputation on live radio? He'll never forgive me then. He'll detest me. 

These combined thoughts and the smell of the plane made your head spin even more, and you lean your head in your hand, rubbing your forehead tiredly. 

"If you have any questions about our flight today, please don't hesitate to ask one of our flight attendants..."

I don't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time... I've been dreaming of seeing him for years now. What if he shatters my heart in a matter of seconds? What if he rejects me? 

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Cody Evans and I'm your chief flight attendant..."

But it's going to be okay, you know that he must still care about you, otherwise he wouldn't have said all those things to you over the phone.

"At this time, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position..."

But what if he was only being polite? 

"Cabin Crew, please prepare for gate departure..."

Forget it. I'm not going to think about it right now. 

Shoving those thoughts to the back of your mind, you switched on your favourite song and settled back into your seat, exhaling and closing your eyes as you fell into a troubled sleep. 

The next time you opened your eyes, you were only about an hour and a half into the flight. Sighing, pulled out your phone and typed:

Notes: 

-Text Hiro

-Call Hiro

-Book a place in a hotel (Priority?)