Chapter 12-Blake's POV

Začať od začiatku

Just then, I felt anger brew inside me.

Are they together? They can’t be.

She’s mine! She’s my angel! She smiled at me; she had looked at me just now I deserve her attention too. Then, reality crashed onto me. My shoulders slumped heavily as a thought was revealed to me. I was nothing to her; I was nobody in this school. I was just a new student.

I sighed.

If I make a name for myself, would she notice me then? She belonged to the softball team, should I join them? Maybe if I join them, I can spend more time with her. I can maybe touch her and maybe get the chance to hold her in my arms. A goofy smile appeared on my face as I imagined her being in my arms.

That would be nice.

But I don’t play softball.

I sighed.

Junior year. Blake’s POV

There she was. Again.

She’s in her white skates and doing laps in the middle of the skating rink. I nearly got a heart attack with pure joy when I saw her there. She had her leggings on and a loose shirt but even though her hair was messy thanks to the wind that was whipping against her head, she looked so flawless and so angelic.

My angel.

I watched her move, transfixed at the beauty.

I was with my friends at the moment, all of us wanting to skate for the fun of it. It was a normal weekend for us, hanging out whenever we could. One of them suggested doing this and here I am now, watching my angel in amazement. My boys and I had purchased our rental skates where we were making our way towards the seats.

‘Wow, there are so many people.’

‘True that.’

‘Blake, who are you staring at man?’

I nodded my head at her, the girl who was spinning flawlessly and doing fast laps around the rink. ‘She’s the angel in my dreams,’ I told them simply. They chuckled at me since they knew who I was referring to. It was true, I was dreaming of her and to feel her wrapped around my arms.

I ached for her.

I wished one day, I can just call her mine and she’d turn to beam at me. That look of pure happiness will be meant for me and me only. I wished one day that we can be together, I can just wrap my arms around her anytime that I want and I can just kiss her anytime that I want. I wished one day that she’d be mine to love.

I sighed happily.

‘Come on Blake! Let’s get on the ice!’ I grinned at my friends and followed them, feeling a little awkward in my skates. I walked like an idiot, my feet sinking a little thanks to the foam so that we won’t slip while we made our way towards the entrance. Soon, we were all laughing over at each other as we goofed off in the entrance.

I stopped doing whatever I was doing-I think I was pushing Jared forwards when I saw my angle skating by. My heart was spluttering crazily and my eyes remained glued to her slim body. I gave a shout of fear when I felt someone push my back so that I stumbled forwards. She was slowing down and almost passed me but my hands seemed to shoot out at her. I grabbed her arms as I tried to regain my balance.

I was so dizzy with happiness that a huge smile was framing my lips as I grasped onto her arms for dear life. I saw her stumble a little but quickly righted herself and me, sliding to the left to stop us from crashing. She instinctively grabbed both my hands and I had to stop myself from melting on the spot.

She looked up and I felt my breath gave way again, her hazel eyes were so beautiful. I see her eyes widen and I knew too that she was feeling the same way as me. I see her flush red with embarrassment before mumbling something incoherent and then she was off. My heart twinge slightly in pain as I watched her leave but even that, my hands were tingling where she had touched me.

A small smile framed my lips as I turned back to skate slowly towards my group of friends who were clutching at the sides so they won’t fall. I spent the whole two hours with them, laughing and falling over on the ice as we struggled to stay on our feet. During the whole two hours, I kept my eyes out for that angel of mine.

I saw her speak to someone, I think that was her father and then he left promptly.

I saw her shoulders slump and then I saw her leave quickly. I watched her take the skates off to stuff them down her bag and I watched her wear her shoes. I watched her the whole time on the other side of the rink. I wished I could help, I had never seen that look on her face before-she looked so fearful and so pale.

I wonder what was going on.

I watch her sprint out of the rink. I was about to go after her and ask what was the matter but reality came crashing down on me when one of my friends started to tug me away. My heart weighs heavy at the moment but I knew I wasn’t close enough with her to give her any comfort. I might be nosing into her business. I have no right.

I sighed again.

Why is my life so dreadful?

Why do I have to fall for someone who is so out of my league? Why do I have to fall for beautiful Allison? I don’t even know if I can have her in my arms. She belonged in softball while I belonged in rugby. Both of our teams were enemies. I knew she’s going to be Captain next year and it’s going to be harder.

It’s been tradition that our teams hated each other.

I have no idea why we hated each other but we do thanks to our seniors. I think this hatred has been brewing for years on end. I don’t like this feud between us, more so when my angel is the ‘enemy’. I don’t like it at all and I made sure never to take part in any of their practical jokes.

But even if I was forced to, I made sure Ally was spared.

I did my best.

My captain and co-captain didn’t know that I was in love with the ‘enemy’. The rest of my team knew about it since it was so damn obvious. I was in love with her; I can’t do anything about it. I can’t stop it. I’m falling for her every single day.

She was so beautiful.

I had watched her play before during one of her matches. I knew it was suicide to come for their matches but I came anyway, just to see her in action. I knew she was the best batter, being able to hit those curl balls that were deadly. I knew why she was going to be Captain. She exudes authority and she was brimming with talent.

I felt pride swell inside me as I watch her score a home run for her team. I stood and cheered as loud as the crowd around me as I see her dash across all of the plates with a huge grin plastered on her face. She’d drop the helmet and then Mitchell ran towards her, a huge smile on his face as he brought her up so that she sat nicely on his shoulder.

I bit my lip as I watched.

If anyone didn’t know better, the crowd might think that they were dating. They looked so good together, they were so close too and they were everywhere together. But I knew from everyone that they were bestfriends and Mitchell couldn’t possibly date her, he couldn’t even hold down a girl for long before moving on to the next one. I felt irked at that prospect but I was glad though.

But I would kill to be in Mitchell’s shoes.

To be able to kiss her, to be able to touch her as easily.

Oh man, her skin was so soft from the last time she had held my hands at the ice rink. A little callous thanks to the training but soft nonetheless. I wanted to touch her again, to feel her in my arms. I watched her and Mitchell in earnest, trying to drink in her happiness and her beauty.

She was so out of my league.

I think it was time to let her know that I loved her.

I think it was time to let everyone know.