Spock

Requested by @TheSlashers . Thank you for requesting!

Note: Sorry for taking a while in posting.

Summary: Reader is feeling down again, but this time it will be different for her.

Warnings: Depression, self-hate.

Live long and prosper.

-PurpleTrekkie

Setting in a five year voyage in the Enterprise has had its up and downs for you so far. You had made lots of friends, friends that got to know you more as time went on. Already two years in the Enterprise and you already felt they were your true family. But good things also came with the bad ones. It would hit you like a truck any time at any moment without a warning, and you honestly didn't know what to do about it.

Being depressed wasn't a topic you would want to discuss with everyone. You would rather stay quiet and go through it by yourself. You didn't want to bother anyone after all. They had their own problems to worry about.

This day wasn't any different. You had been emotionally distraught for the past days, and you were thankfu yet sad that no one had noticed how you wouldn't really talk much on your shifts, or how you would hang your head low, avoiding everyone's gaze in fear to break down from just one look.

Your alarm had long been blaring, urging you to get out of bed for another long shift on MedBay. You had been awake for a while now, ignoring the alarm as you stared intently at the wall. You were both physically and emotionally tired, and you wished you didn't have to work that day so you could stay put on your bed.

But you had no other option, or else people would start to wonder why you weren't on your station. You pushed yourself out of bed, taking your time to get to your shower. You took your time on the bathroom, the room staying a tense silent as you scrubbed your body without effort. You didn't really have the motivation to do much.

You got dressed in your blue uniform, brushed your hair with your favourite brush and soon enough you were out of your chambers, carrying your PADD under your arm. You skipped breakfast and headed directly to your station, setting all your files and PADD on the desk and taking a seat as you got to work.

As time went on, the rest of the crew filed in and settled in their stations, bringing the Enterprise back to life. Nurses and doctors walked by your post, no one offering you a smile or a simple 'good morning', never looking towards your direction at any time. Or so you thought.

Certain first officer had been staring at you for a while now, his calculating gaze fixed on your slouched and saddened figure. Spock was waiting for some files from Bones, bothered at first for how long the doctor was taking. But now he was intrigued, and slightly worried.

He watched closely as you stood up, carrying some viles in your arms. Your gaze was still held down, but you wished you saw where you were going as soon as you bumped with a coworker, the viles flying in all directions and landing with a loud crash on the floor. The both of you were sent back, and you were thankful at least most of it got over you.

You had landed on your butt harshly, everyone stopping momentarily as they watched the commotion, not bothering to help you. The red shirt stood up fuming, trying to dust off his shirt from the sticky substances that had been in the tubes just moments ago. You were in front of him in a matter of seconds, stuttering an apology as you tried to clean off the liquid. "S-Sir, I am terribly sorry. I will wash your-"