How you met him (Spock)

Leonard McCoy, or better known as Bones is your coworker in the USS Enterprise and also considered as your best friend. You both had studied the medicine sector and you both were proud members of the crew of the Enterprise. Let's say he was in debt with you since without your help in his studies, he wouldn't have graduated from the Academy. Let's say you were one of the first places, but you just loved medicine and you were truly passionate about it.

You walked into the medical flight, smiling as you sat down in front of Bones, sipping your morning coffee as you watched him read the daily newspaper, him commenting every now and then about sports, drama etc. You weren't that interested in those things, but you listened to him just to be a good friend. "Impossible! I can't believe we have been defeated once again, this was our chance for the final!" He exclaimed with a huff as he stole a piece of your muffin.

"Hey! That's my muffin!" You exclaimed in fake anger as you tackled him, going over the table as you fought with him for the muffin in his hands. As you were fighting and laughing, you heard the door open, careful steps heard as someone stood at the door. You turned around, thinking it was Chekov or Sulu who asked for more band aids, only blushing once you saw it was The First Officer Spock. Seeing in the position you were, you quickly sat back down and fixed your dress, Bones doing the same as he chewed on your muffin.

"Officer Spock, I..I didn't see you" You stammered, clearly embarrassed at such behavior. He just nodded, walking to the table you were both sitting in, his arms crossed behind his back. "I have noticed that Miss (Y/N)" He said with a small nod as he stopped right in front of you. You looked up at him, seeing him staring at you. You gulped softly, speaking almost in a stuttering way. "T..to what do I owe this visit Officer Spock?" You asked him. Bones was looking from Spock to you and back and forth, seeming to realize something.

"I came here to congratulate you Miss (Y/N) in your study in xenobiology, I think it is one of the most advanced and well investigated reports I've seen in my years of experience in the Academy and Enterprise" He said in his usual polite way of speaking, making you blush at his words. "Oh well, I just have many ideas and theories in xenobiology, and with the evidence I have I think I may have found a new discovery." You said, smiling a bit as you felt yourself relaxing.

Spock nodded as if satisfied with the answer, nodding at the both of you as he started heading out, both Bones and you watching as he left. Once the door was closed, you let out the breath you were holding. Bones was staring at you wide eyed. "What?" You said as you turned back to face him. "Are you conscious Spock never compliments anyone? Not even Pike himself?!" He exclaimed. You seemed to realize this as your eyes widened also.

"What does that mean?" You said curiously. Bones hesitated "It means Spock likes you dummy!"