17 Gone

Flash forward 2 months after base is blown up

Ryder's pov

Every day I think about Charlie. She keeps me up at night. Her last word "goodbye" replays over and over again in my mind.

Everybody but me has forgotten about Charlie. Her gang has a new leader and is thriving still.
Even Jake, my brother, forgot all about the girl he used to train. Not me though. Questions are always running through my mind.

Why would she give up so easily? How did she know I was watching?

What bothers me most is that I see her everywhere. Correction, I think I see her everywhere.

I will be sitting in a coffee shop and I see her walk by. I run outside and stop her. Except, its not her its just somebody around the same height with the same brown hair.

Yesterday was maybe the most believable of them all. I was in my new office at the new base. Which is twice as guarded, might I add, when I looked over at the security camera footage.

I could have sworn I saw her in the basement. In the most guarded room of all. Where I keep the diamonds, looked away in a safe of course.

I ran downstairs and looked inside, but there was nobody there, nothing left behind, and nothing missing. Jack, my right hand man, says I'm going crazy because I never got to solve her puzzle. I'm starting to think he's right.

"Boss somebody has broken into the safe and stolen the diamonds."

"What? How?!"

"We have no idea."

"Show me the security footage."

I watched the footage but nothing showed up. You couldn't even see the safe opening or closing.

"Show me the safe."

"Yes boss."

I opened the safe and sure enough all three diamonds were missing. I looked closer and in the back wall of the safe there was a hole about an inch in diameter.

"Well we know how the thief stole the diamonds."

Jake came up to me "Boss you have a phone call."

"Give me the phone. Hello."

"I have your diamonds." The voice was scrambled making it impossible for me to tell who was speaking.

"What do you want."

"You. Come to 9567 Main Street at 10:30pm exactly."

"Ok."

"Come alone, or not. But if you bring people I will just kill them all."

"I'll be there."

Whoever this person is has a suprise coming their way. My gang has some of the most well trained snipers ready at a phone call. They will be there, but there is no way this person will be able to kill them.

"Jake, get the snipers ready I'm going to the meet."

Skip to 10:30

"Eagle 1 are you in position?" I said into the radio hidden behind my ear.

"Yes, so is everyone else."

"Alright I am on the move approaching target."

I walked up to the building. It was an old warehouse looks like it was abandoned for years. I pushed open the doors and went inside.

"Hello."

"Hello Ryder you fulfilled your end of the deal I see."

"Yes."

The person was wearing a black mask, hoodie, and sweatpants so I had no idea who they were.   I couldn't even hear their real voice yet because they were still using the scrambler. The only thing I could see was they were about 5'8".

"I also fulfilled my end of the deal. Check your radio."

Shit. "Hello. hello?" I said into the radio woth no response.

"I killed them. Just like I said I would."

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Ryder I am a little offended you don't remember me."

The person stepped forward taking off the hoodie in the mask.

"Charlie?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you guys for all the reads, votes and comments. Comment what you think!