Nobody Like You

Jade had enough. There was no way in hell she could do this anymore.
Perrie had her last chance, she took it, and she did it wrong. Maybe it was for the best they broke up.

The brown eyed girl was looking out of the windows deep in thought, letting the train carry her to her destination. She won't see her bandmates for 2 weeks from now on, as they had their break before starting rehearsals for their new song's promo, soon to be followed by an album and a worldwide tour.

They are going to finish the album when they get back together, as some songs still needed to be written and recorded by the girls.

Jade just felt miserable. She broke up with the love of her life, that was for sure. Perrie is her person, yet she - no, they messed it up.
It wasn't entirely her fault, she had to remember that, but it didn't stop her from feeling melancholic.
She could still vividly recall how the blonde's lips felt against her own, how her eyes glistened, when she first told her she loved her, and how her whole body smiled, when Jade said it right back...

Aaaannnd that had to stop. There was no use in drowning herself in depression, so she took her notebook out, and grabbed a pen.
She glanced at her watch. Still half an hour to Newcastle, just enough.

She took a deep breath and started writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks later the petite brunette was sitting in the studio with her bandmates, nervously fidgeting with her notebook.

-Jade, you've got one, right? I mean a ballad, you told me 'bout it on the phone last week... - asked Leigh-Anne, finally breaking the unusually awkward tension between the four of them.
-Yeah... - Jade opened her notebook, then looked up at the three girls. - I can sing it, or..? Kay, I might as well sing it.
She took in a shaky breath, then cleared her throat.

-I'm alive, if living's just a beating heart.. - Jade's mouth formed the first few words carefully. The brunette glanced up at the blonde who sat across the table, entertaining herself with the zipper on her hoodie.
Jade inhaled again, trying to stop the gathering tears in her eyes from rolling down.
-Cos we won't admit we've taken it too far. I know it's love... - Jade's voice cracked, then she stood up and ran out of the room, leaving the rest of her bandmates in slight shock. Her notebook sprawled across the table, the three girls were able to read the rest of the song. A few minutes later they looked up at almost the same time, trying to process the words written in front of them.

-Wow... This is just.. wow... - Said Jesy, trying to fight her tears. - D'you guys have any idea where this came from?
-I do. - Perrie answered dryly. - We broke up before our time off. Sorry 'bout not tellin' you, guess I kinda forgot it.

-You broke up? - Leigh-Anne and Jesy asked simultaneously, both of them slightly taken aback by the blonde's choice of words.
-You broke up? - repeated Leigh-Anne once again. - And why didn't you tell us?

-Told you I forgot it. - Perrie answered in an annoyed tone, yet she was betrayed by the sadness radiating from her eyes. - We just... No, she just... She told me she had enough. - Her voice cracked, and she had to use all her willpower to keep up her easy attitude. - And then she broke up with me. End of story. Period.

Jesy and Leigh-Anne looked at each other with a scowl, trying to process the words their bandmate just told them, and analyzing her behaviour simultaneously. Something about the blonde's behaviour was unusual, and they could instantly tell that she had her heart broken, yet she, for some reason, refused their help.

-Ummmm, if you don't mind asking.. Are you okay? I mean Jade broke up with you.. You two have been together for what? Almost a year by now? You told me she was the love of your life, Pez! You seem uncharacteristically stoic for me... - Jesy trailed off, but the worry behind her stern tone was easily heard.