Dread flowed through your bones as you predicted her next words.

"To prove your loyalty, I need you to dispose of the Earl. He has committed treason in the-" the Queen continued on, but you didn't hear another word.

You felt like your entire world had fallen apart, and you lost your ability to speak. You felt torn, for you couldn't kill Alois, but you also couldn't disobey the queen either.

"So, you understand what it is that I'm asking you to do?"

"Yes, your highness," you responded numbly.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I have full faith that you will choose the correct thing to do. You have three days to complete this task, and afterwards I will give you time to grieve. That is all, you are dismissed."

You left the room, and debated over what you would do, but it was a waste of time. You were given an order, albeit indirectly, and you had to complete it. So, with a heavy heart and a growing hatred for the Queen, you set out to fulfil your task.

As you sat with Alois in your arms, you replayed his death over and over in your head. He had, at first, begged for you to stop, but then switched to trying to fight you. However, being what you were, you killed him swiftly. He still wore the look of betrayal on his face, and one last tear made its way to the ground.

Raising your tear stained face to the sky, you silently swore Toto make the Queen pay for what she had done. Then you put Alois down, closed his eyes, and turned around and left.

"She will pay for this, I swear."

"NO!" You cried out, waking up. You found yourself lying on the floor, and realized you had fallen out of bed.

"(Y/N)!" Alois called out worriedly, rushing into your room.

"A-Are you alright? I heard you fall out of bed, and then scream. What happened? You're not hurt, are you?" He asked helping you up off the floor. You hugged him tightly, glad that you had only been dreaming.

"I'm OK now," you said into his shoulder. He had been startled a bit by the sudden hug, but recovered quickly and hugged you tightly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes...N-No...I dreamed that I had to k-kill you because the Queen ordered me to!" You started crying, and buried your face into his shoulder again.

"Oh Bluebell," he said, hugging you tighter. He held on to you for while, whispering comforting words until you stopped trembling.

"Are you sure you're OK now?"

"Yes, I'm sure now."

"Alright," he said, wiping away your last tears. He turned around and crawled into your bed.

"A-Alois, what are you doing?" You asked, blushing.

"I'm going to stay here and make sure you don't have another bad dream," he stated childishly.

You smiled, knowing that you weren't going to get him to leave. You got into next to him, and he immediately snuggled up to you. Soon enough you two had fallen back asleep.