t w e n t y - f i v e ✺ in the swing of things

Rease

I honestly don't remember anything that happened after the crash. All I remember was Taylor calling me something I never want to be called again.

I had been in the hospital 5 days before I was finally released, two days ago. Honestly, I felt completely fine. I wanted to go back to work, with Kiefer and Riley. I wanted to go back to school. I wanted to get ready for the talk show. But all I could do was sit around at Chris's house.

Well, not exactly. I fell back into writing again. That had been all I did for the 4, 5, 6 days I had been awake.

And I shouldn't be alive, I know that.

But I lived. And I will live, to the fullest.

____

"Brissa." Antoine whispered quietly.

"Yes?" I turn around.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" I walk closer to him.

"It's...it's always been you."

I stay silent.

"Even when you and Kenny pursued a relationship. I didn't get with no girl because I love you. You."

"Rease, you have a magnificent writing skill."

I stop typing, and turn to see Chris. He's looking a lot like Rae Sremmurd lately. It's actually uncanny.

"Wait, say that again?"

Chris sighed. "Rease, I knew about your writing. I've been reading your stories." He sat down. "And most of it? It's really genuine."

"Chris...I'm stunned." I gawk.

"I absolutely love it." He smiled. "Just like...."

"Like what?" I save my draft, and close my computer.

"Just like I love you."

I stay silent.

"Ever since I met you. When Taylor first kissed you? I was disappointed. When you left, I laid on my bed and cried. Hell, let's start at the beginning. When I first met you? Man, was I infatuated. I asked Richie for your number at 2 A.M. just so I could get clos-"

That's all I had to do before I firmly place my lips on his.

Bam.

The kiss lasted about a minute. And it was the best minute of my life. It was nothing like what Taylor gave to me.

I stop for a quick second, and smile at him.

"Chris, I love you too."

a.n.

This is a shitty ass chapter. I won't deny it. And short, too.

But this story WILL be bounced around, to finish a lot quicker. I'm sorry bout that.

I see that this will have about 4 more chapters (with an epilogue). I hope y'all are okay with this chapter.

💗💗, Rease