e i g h t e e n ✺ too much, too quick

"Your brother got called down again."

I look up from my computer and straight at Riley. "Seriously...he's only been up for four days!"

"I know." Riley sighed. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's fine." I go back to my computer. I get a notification on the corner (I was looking at Facebook), and open it.

From: Baelor 💘💍😍
heard Richie got sent down again. Call me if you need anything, Princess.

I smile, and send him a "thank you."

As I sent it, the door opened, and coughing suddenly fills the room. It was Kiefer. He looked extremely sickly, as he was pale, and his eyes watery and swollen.

"What the hell happened to you?" Riley laughed.

"I'm sick." Kiefer put down his McDonald's cup. "But guess what? I'm at work anyway. I'm not missing."

"Did you do something last night?" Riley teased.

"Yes, I did." Kiefer rolled his eyes. "I acquired fucking food poisoning from Chinatown Buffet. Never eating there again."

"If you got food poisoning, why were you coughing?" I look at him.

"I vomited as soon as I got off the elevator." Kiefer laughed. "I had a chunk stuck in my throat."

"Gross!" Riley smacked Kiefer.

"Did you put a negative review on Yelp?" I look at Kiefer.

Kiefer smiled. "No, but I should."

"So, are y'all starting school yet?" Riley asked.

"Actually, tomorrow." I said. "Kiefer?"

Kief nods. "Yeah. Same, if I can get buffet cancer out of me."

Riley and I snicker.

"Yikes." I laugh. "Someone really hates Chinatown Buffet."

"It sucks!" Kiefer shook his head. "I mean, their sesame chicken wasn't even that good...I was disappointed. Plus, when I told Craig I wanted Chinese, I meant Panda Express."

"You still live with that asshole of a brother?" Riley eyed Kiefer.

"Yeah, for one more month or so. I get an apartment for my birthday. My parents wanted me out, but still supervised." He laughs. "And the only person to 'supervise' me was Craig."

"Yeah, Kief, that's a-WHOA!" Riley stared hugely into her computer.

"What?" Kiefer said emotionless.

Me and Riley had spent the rest of the day working in pretty much silence, until she brought up my new boyfriend.

"Rease Shaffer is now in a relationship with...Taylor Motter?" Riley looked up from her computer. "When the hell did that happen?"

"Wait, what?" Kiefer was now riled up.

"Yesterday." I smile. "He's been a friend of Richie and I for a long time. But apparently, all these years, he's had feelings for me."

"Awh." Riley put her hand to her heart. "That's cute."

"I think I'm going to be sick." Kiefer mumbled.

"Kiefer?"

Silence.

"Hey, shitstick-"

"Literal...oh, oh God." And Kiefer vomited in the trashbin.