Chapter 15: Ferno

Start from the beginning

"No he's gone, I can't see him" Cisco said desperately switching between the different cameras trying to find Ferno.

"Barry just becarful watch your back until we locate him" Caitlin spoke worried, she was closely  monitoring Barry's vitals on her screen.

Barry finished rescuing people from the building and he was about to leave when he felt the ground shake it made the walls of the building weaker and they started to collapse under the pressure, Barry held on to the burning wall for support, earthquake he thought to himself? "guys whats happening?" Barry yelled trying to keep his balance so he could get out of there.

Cisco looked at the monitor Ferno was now standing outside the front of the building and he was clenching his fists, the fire had stoped flowing from his hands and he now seemed to be controlling the earth he was caving the ground beneath the building making the walls crumble in on itself. 

"Barry get out of there now its Ferno he can control other elements too, that buildings coming down" Cisco yelled down the microphone. 

Caitlin nervously bit her lip scanning the screen trying to see if Barry had made it out in time, the building came crashing down, with no signs of Barry.

"Barry! Barry talk to us" Caitlin said again desperately wanting to hear some sort of response from the Scarlett speedster.

"Barry?" Cisco tried, static noise coming from Barry's headset.

"I told you he wasn't ready for this!" Caitlin spoke fearing the worst.

"Im sorry Caitlin" Cisco said sitting back in his chair, had he just gotten Barry killed. Before Cisco could speak again the room was lit up with red lightning once more, an exhausted Barry fell to the floor covered in thick black mucus, and smoke.

"Barry!" Caitlin and Cisco said in unison. "We thought something happened to you" Cisco said relieved.

"Are you okay?" Caitlin asked helping him up to his feet. "Yeah I think my headset must have been damaged in the fire, what was he guys?" Barry asked brushing himself down.

"Element" Cisco said smiling to himself.

"Thats what your calling him?" Barry asked wanting to know how he could stop someone who could control earth and fire.

"Yeah who knows he might be able to control more than just fire and earth, the way he made the ground crumble like that, it was like he wasn't even trying" Cisco said baffled by the meta's powers.

"I don't think we've ever faced anyone this strong before" Barry said quickly getting changed into a Star Labs jumper and taking a seat on the examination table.

"Every meta has a weakness we just have to find his" Caitlin stated flashing a light in Barry's eyes to check his pupils, just as Joe entered the room making Barry look back at Iris, he knew he had to talk to Joe about Iris, she couldn't stay like that forever.

"Bare you okay?" Joe asked seeing the state of his son, he looked awful.

"Yeah fine" Barry smiled.

"Yeah right he barely made it out of a burning building this morning" Caitlin said telling Joe the truth. Barry scowled at Caitlin annoyed that she had just dropped him in the shit.

"Barry! Your supposed to be resting not running into burning buildings" Joe said giving Barry a good tongue lashing.

"I know Joe, I'm sorry" Barry apologised trying to think of how to bring up Iris, but he didn't have to Joe did.

"How is she?" Joe asked looking at Caitlin, who then glanced at Barry ushering him to talk to Joe about the taking Iris off the vent.

"Joe can I talk to you about Iris?" Barry questioned leading the way to Iris's bedside. Joe nodded and followed Barry.