Chapter 5: Guilt

CHAPTER 5

"Barry your not well enough to leave star labs" Caitlin pleaded with her Friend.

"Caitlin I already told you I'm not asking I'm telling you and i would really appreciate your help" Barry said struggling to support himself even with the aid of the bed.

"Fine man we'll help you see Iris if you promise to rest afterwards" Cisco said trying to help Barry.

"Okay okay just help me!" Barry said getting frustrated with the situation.

Caitlin re-entered the room with a wheelchair and brought it up against the bed.

"Right ease yourself down slowly" Caitlin said steadily guiding Barry into the wheelchair propping up his leg once he was in.

"I'll get the car ready" Cisco said walking outside.

Caitlin wheeled Barry down the elevator and into the car park, going over small bumps and cracks making Barry wince.

"I'm sorry" Caitlin said apologetically.

"It's okay" Barry said with a small smile, even though Caitlin couldn't see it.

Caitlin wheeled barry into the back of the van putting the breaks on the wheelchair so it wouldn't move during the car ride.

The drive to the hospital took about 20 mins but seconds seemed like minutes to Barry, and he was getting restless and agitated.

"How much longer?" Barry moaned trying to adjust himself again.

"Where almost there, just a few more minutes" Caitlin said reassuringly.

"Yeah not all of us can run as fast as you, it actually takes us time to get places" Cisco said with a awkward laugh realising it might be too soon for jokes.

Piercing silence filled the van before they finally pulled up to the hospital. Barry had never been more eager to get out of a car in his life.

Caitlin opened the door and started wheeling Barry out towards the entrance where they were met by Joe pacing back and forth with a worried expression plastered on his face.

"Joe" Barry yelled almost leaping from his chair.

-30 mins ago-

"Bare just take a deep breath I'll call you as soon as I hear anything and just do me a favour and rest yeah?" Joe said pulling up to the hospital.

Joe sighed putting his phone back in his pocket briefly looking back at Iris. She's looked horribly pale and still. She looked dead. Fear started to overwhelm Joe. He started panic.

"Iris?! Iris?!" Joe said shaking his daughters shoulder almost begging for some response.

"Help I need some help!" Joe yelled in a panic.

The paramedics opened the back of the ambulance in a hurry and wheeled Iris away Joe could barley keep up.

Joe hurriedly ran down the halls trying to keep up with the doctors before he was pushed away.