8. Hongbin

I entered a completely white room that was lit by rows of bright overhead lights. It almost felt like a waiting room in a hospital. I saw him standing in front of a mirror drying off his wet hair. It was probably the most humane thing I'd seen so far in this place.

"Im sorry about Hakyeon, I thought he'd behave by now" he lightly chuckled and walked over to me.

I felt myself smile as he stepped in front of me. He was so refreshing and friendly. Compared to everyone else I had met earlier, I was pretty certain I had met Hongbin before.

Hongbin cocked his head to the side as I continued to stare at him. I didnt know what it was about him. Memories were triggering without touching him.

"You...youre a doctor" I said, still fascinated by his aura. "I saw you once...didnt I ?"

"More than once (y/n)" he smiled as we took a seat at a table. Hongbin pushed a plate of turkish delight toward me.

"Eat."

I slowly nodded and ate a few pieces of it. It was spectacular. I never understood why I loved it so much. It was just one of those unexplained things about me.

"You're not a healthcare doctor though" I murmured after taking a sip of the water he also provided.

"Thats right, im a psychologist" he replied, still keeping his voice at a steady pace.

I chuckled even though I knew he was right. Why did I need a psychologist ? I studied psychology, its actually quite ridiculous.

"You may understand how other people work, it doesnt necessarily mean you know how your mind works" he explained.

"Then let me ask you a question" I swallowed hard.

"Please, go ahead" he replied.

"Is any of this real or am I being hypnotised ?"

"Whether it is real or not, what you are experiencing are memories" Hongbin responded, "it may not be the reality but its going to help you understand later on."

"Later on ?"

Hongbin nodded and placed his hand on the table with his palm facing upwards. I reached for his hand and shut my eyes, awaiting the new memory I was about to recieve.

"We have to make you forget (y/n), it's what Hyuk wants and its what I want. We are only trying to help you."

"I dont want to forget! What happened.... what I did was wrong!"

"You weren't stable enough, It was my fault. I shouldn't of let you leave the premises."

"Its too late now. You cant bring him back."

The memory ended and I felt tears escape my eyes, not knowing the source of why I was crying. Hongbin reached over the table and wiped the tears away with his thumb.

"You could wake up now (y/n), im giving you the chance to forget" he whispered.

I reached down to my pocket and pulled out the paper with Hyuk's writing on it. I had to visit the next floor. I needed to see him again, even if this was a dream.

"I ....cant" I mumbled, "I need to go to the next floor."

"Dont you want to live without pain ? Without the suffering ?" Hongbin questioned, I knew he was just trying to help. But I already made up my mind.

"This could be the last time I get to talk to him" I replied solemnly and pushed myself away from the table.

Hongbin exhaled deeply, as he gave up trying to steer me away from the upcoming pain.

"Lets go then" he nodded holding out his arm for me and lead us down a hallway.

I looked at the names of the patients on the doors. Each name I read sent a shiver down my spine.

"Lee Jaehwan, Jung Taekwoon, Cha Hakyeon, Han Sanghyuk...." I read out loud until we came to a stop.

I gulped when I saw my full name printed on the door. I turned to the right and I felt as though my heart would drop to the floor.

"Kim Wonshik" Hongbin read, and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Ravi" I stuttered, a familiar feeling of heartache over took my body as I placed my hand over his name.

"Go on ahead (y/n) he's been waiting for you" Hongbin said and I felt his hand drop from my shoulder as I opened the door.