12. Reality

I blinked a few times unable to comprehend the words that were coming out of his mouth. The migrane from earlier returned and the more it ached the more I remembered. Finally the entire scene was embedded into my memory again as if it happened hours ago.

A year ago
: 16 March 2015 : 23:00pm :
- Ravi's Apartment

Ravi's questions were becoming personal and I for a second believed that Hyuk could of been cheating on me. I'd never seen Ravi react this way, and I've always trusted him.

"Ravi what are you doing ?" I questioned but his eyes never left Hyuk's for a second.

"One of these days, one of these little games we play is going to get someone killed I suggest we stop" Hongbin spoke up but his words were silenced by Ravi.

"Where's the fun in that ?" He raised his eyebrow, "dont you want to find out who's the best out of all of us ?"

The seven of us exchanged quick glances knowing that since our test scores were almost always on the same level, we never knew who truly was the best. But on another note, it was tiring trying to outsmart each other let alone keep up with Ravi's games.

"I agree with Ravi, what's there to lose ?" Hakyeon smirked, obviously loving the drama unfolding in front of him.

"You're playing this game so she pulls the trigger on me aren't you ?" Hyuk snapped and pulled out of the chair.

Ravi cocked his head and his lips curled into a tight smirk.

"Why do you seem so guilty Hyuk ?" He cooed.

"That reverse psychology doesnt work on her, just own up and tell her the truth you are in love with her" Hyuk spat.

Hyuk was being defensive and it made me curious to know why whatever Ravi had said, was getting to him. But there was the case of whether Ravi was the one lying.

"Whats it going to be (y/n) ? Your cheating boyfriend or your best friend ?" Ravi rested his elbows on the table and pushed the gun towards me.

I looked over at Leo who seemed hurt throughout the whole ordeal and Ravi didnt seem to notice. Leo got up from his seat and retreated into the bedroom in silence.

"This is becoming ridiculous" Hongbin shook his head, clearly frustrated that a fun night turned into something extremely personal.

I grabbed the gun as panic had set in for Hyuk but Ravi's smirk was still prominent.

"Hyuk's right. You have been calculating since the game started haven't you ?" I frowned at looked down at the gun in my hands.

"If you believe so" Ravi quickly replied.

"The next pull of the trigger releases the bullet, doesnt it ?" I murmured.

"Perhaps, there's only one way to find out" Ravi shrugged.

I gazed at the gun and held it up to Hyuk's temple, his body froze immediately. Ravi's smile was gone, he now watched my intentions carefully.

"Is cheating worth killing over ?" I hummed, "or is there something else, something bigger than this."

"Youre a clever girl im sure you can figure it out (y/n), but right now you have a decision to make" Ravi responded.

Ravi was convincing but it was never to the point where he wanted me to do his dirty work. I studied his face, his actions everything he did until this point was out of the ordinary.

I picked up the gun and pointed it at him and just as I suspected he smiled, as if he was satisfied with my choice. I didnt question it, I pulled the trigger and just as Hyuk predicted it was a real bullet, and a real bullet just went through Ravi's head.

I stared down at him expecting something to happen but the reality of his dead body at my feet smacked me. I couldn't move, nor could I speak. Hyuk grabbed the gun from my hands as we stood there, wondering if any of this was real.

Hyuk eventually grabbed my hand and bolted for the door. I knew he was scared, we all were.

But I couldnt help but wonder if instead of me killing Hyuk through some stupid jealousy act, Ravi wanted me to kill him instead.