7. Strange Place

The first thing that I heard after the last bang was the sound of a tire squeaking.

"You did it!" Johann said excitedly.

Thank God! I pulled myself back in the car, feeling relieved. The car we are chasing started to slow down and we chased it until we finally got ahead of it. Johann titled the car to the right to block the car and it stopped, leaving just a couple of inches before it crashed us.

All of a sudden, Johann took the gun from me and went out of the car. "Stay here" he warned me before he closed the car door behind him. I watched him walk through the fog of dust that the cars made. He looks furious, like a lead man in an action movie walking to his villain. He looked cool until the driver of the black car opened up his door and stepped out. He was a lot bigger than him, in height and in shape.

"Release our friend or i'll shoot." Johann unmercifully pointed his gun at him.

The guy just grinned at him and that made Johann even angrier.

"Shoot" the guy dared him.

Johann stepped a little closer, not thinking that the man could also have a weapon. He was so confident that he has a gun in his hand and thought that it would scare the man away. But it didn't.

"I'm counting to three. If you don't take him out, you'll know what will happen."  My friend warned the man for the last time.

"One" he started counting.

"Two, three" the man counted for him. It was as if he wasn't scared about anything, about being shot or about being dead. He was fearless.

Running out of patience Johann pulled the trigger; only to hear a tick instead of a bang. To his surprise, he looked at me with a we-are-done look. The man laughed at the situation.

My heart started pounding harder I feel like it will jump out of my chest. Again, I blamed myself. This is the worst idea ever and to think that I dragged my friends into this mess that I was supposed to face alone, I feel so guilty.

Suddenly, the man took something from his back and yes you're right, it is a gun. He undoubtedly aimed at Johann who froze in his place after realizing he had no more bullet.

"Johann, get in the car!" I yelled. As if it's going to turn things around when I know he could just move a little and the man will start shooting. Don't blame me, it's hard to think straight in this situation specially because it is a matter of life and death. All of the ways, impossible or possible ones have to be considered.

"I dare you to move an inch" the man said, mad look on his face. He sounded like he isn't joking this time.

"Serena go turn around! Start the car and turn around!" My friend started to panic and I was even more panicked.

"There is no way Johann! Im not leaving here without you two!" I cried.

"Awwwww, that's so sweet." The man teased and frowned.

"Who are you anyway?!" Without knowing what I said, I said it. In frustration and in anger.

"Oh," he replied, his gun still pointing at Johann. "Don't you recognize me?" His eyes focused on me.

I took a second to study his face, it did look familiar. I just can't remember when or where or how I met him, let alone who he is.

"No." I replied simply.

"Well, you'll know me better soon." He smiled. "But for now, you must come with me..." his eyes jumping from me to Johann, "both of you."

*****

I gently open my eyes and the next thing I know is i'm already in a room. My eyes started to study the room and let me tell you, it's very different from what I expected to wake up to. It had a minimalistic vibe. The walls are white, same as the dresser, the windows, the chair beside the window and the closet. There's really not much in the room except for the plant beside the dresser and the frame that said "Lucky You" in white background and pink writing. The room looked empty and it feels solemn. For a second, I felt at peace. It was as if I belong to this room and the room belongs to me.

The sound of the birds chirping from outside the window woke me up to reality. I got distracted from the aura of the room that for a second I forgot that I am on a mission with my friends... and my friends are nowhere out of sight and I have no idea where I am.

Are they safe as well?

I got out of the bed and walked straight to the window just so I can get an idea where the hell I am. But I can only see a sea of trees surrounding the house. This place is legit in the middle of nowhere!

*****
So sorry for the long wait and if this update is so short. I've had some life matters that I couldn't bring myself to write. I'll update as soon as possible that's a promise! Don't forget to Vote & follow me for updates. :)