»part 16 » wilted flowers and thorns

Começar do início

As I ripped open the door to the Gallagher's crazy home, I was greeted by everyone's surprised faces. My eyes scanned the area as quick as I could. Ian, Debs, Carl, Fiona, Liam. But no Lip.

I exhaled loudly as I turned the corner up the stairs, skipping two steps at a time. I could hear everyone say my name in shock but I couldn't respond. If I opened my mouth, who knows what would come out of it.

Call it intuition. Call it the connection. Call it whatever the fuck you want. I knew he was here. I felt it in the tone of his voice. I felt it in my bones. And there was no way he was going to hide from me. From us.

I was having tunnel vision. I couldn't see anything else outside of anger. Everything was red and spotty. The only things I could hear were my addict screaming, my heart pumping, and the ringing that started when I hung up the phone.

There was only one thing on my mind and I wasn't going to leave until it was over.

My hand shook with anger as I turned the knob and threw the door open with all my might, facing the moment of truth. My eyes met Karen as she let out the most annoying squeal ever and quickly pulled a blanket up towards her naked chest.

She was on his bed.

In one breathe, my damaged eyes came in contact with the ones that made flowers bloom in my empty soul.

My heart.

Lip.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I looked at Lip who was behind Karen. Naked.

Part of me wanted to think it wasn't true.

In an instant, those flowers wilted and there was nothing left but thorns ripping at my heart.

Karen bit her lip as she held the sheet closer.

Lip's face dropped as he shook his head.

My addict grinned as she took control.

It was quiet. You remember the quiet that's between rage and anger? This was that. The quiet that was normal for us. The quiet that I was used to.

All of a sudden a strange laugh came out of my mouth as I looked at the two idiots. The two people who destroyed me in a second.

"Cash." Lip stated as he gripped a blanket around his waist and jumped off of his bed.

All the rage that was inside me came out as laughter, "I'm an idiot." I continued laughing as I walked closer to Lip, the boy who did me wrong.

He looked of sex. His blonde hair was shooting in different directions, his cheeks were flushed, his eyes were low, and there were scratch marks on his shoulders.

"Cash, I can-," He started.

"Explain?" I laughed some more before stopping once I felt a tear roll down my face.

I brushed the tear with my finger, looking at it like an alien.

Suddenly, rage was back. I could feel it bubble within me as my veins grew hot and my hands began to shake.

It was happening.

"Cash." Lip said again like I couldn't hear.

Because I couldn't. My addict was laughing hysterically as she scratched at her very own skin.

Fight, she screamed.

Fury ran through my veins as I reached for the closest thing next to me. I pried my hands behinds Lip's dresser, throwing it to the ground causing a loud crashing sound to thunder through the house.