»part 8 » drunken jail time

YOU AND I
part 8» "if he ever comes back, just say the words and i'll end him..."

     She has my backpack

     She has my backpack.

     The addict.

     A cackle is coming from her disgusting broken mouth while her bony finger points to me. She has a death grip on my backpack that tells me one thing: She knows.

     Slowly, she unzips my battered black backpack with a smug grin on her deathly pale face. With every ridge she undoes, my heart slams into my ribs. The air becomes thinner, my hands become shakier, my stomach becomes queasy.

     She dips her skinny arm deep into my life, pulling out the one small thing I was afraid of.

     Fight.

     "Cash!" A distant voice called, causing my addict to disappear in a fog, but not before she gave me one last sinister smile.

     A shiver passed through my body like an earthquake when I realized I was dreaming. It was just another dream. Calm. I pulled my blanket above my head letting out a small groan when I remembered what day it was. Monday. Fuck.

     "Cash!" They gave me a slight shove while sitting at the edge of the couch. I could tell who it was from their voice.

     I growled, while closing my eyes tightly, "Debs, give me five more minutes."

     Normally, I spend Sunday nights with Mandy, sleeping on her hard floor but after we sent Mickey after Bobby, Lip thought it would be safer for me to stay at the Gallagher's. After hours of arguing back and forth about what was good for me, I caved. Lip wanted me to sleep in his room but I didn't want a repeat after Frank walked in on us, so I resorted to their couch.

     Debs pushed again lightly, "Mickey Milkovich is at the front door. He says he has something of yours." 

     My eyes shot open. I jumped off of the sofa as quickly as I could, scaring the crap out of Debs. "Sorry, Debs!" I apologized running towards the front door in my pajama shorts and tank top.

     Practically ripping the door off its hinges, I was met with a bloody nosed Mickey, his blood stained knuckles holding my precious.

     "Delivery for a Cash Monaco." He said with a smug grin on his face, dangling my backpack on his index finger.

     Instincts rushed through me as I quickly reached for my backpack like a greedy child.

     Mickey pulled my backpack out of reach and shook his finger, "Ah, ah, ah," Bastard, "First, where's Lip?"

     Where the fuck is the killing bat? This is no time for games. Especially with my lifeline hanging on by a string.

     I could feel his presence before I could see him. My body just knew.