Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I know him

GYLLIA

We are the young people they needed, a game without any contemplation at the end. We thought surviving is the key to relieve the pain and suffer from the thing we didn't want to drown into. As they rise, we are the one who bear and fear the death. Still, lies were covered the truth. A game that has no key to escape; death was the only way to finally finished what was started.

We can endure the pain; accept the reality, getting the truths from the lies. But there are still unknown secrets they hold from us. What was we really meant for them? What was the master plan for them?

Why do they need us, when the actual survival game was actually ended?

I need answers. I need the people who treated us like this. Who made us like there's no tomorrow for us. For keeping the truths, for playing with us, for taking away the freedom that we have.

I don't actually see the point of all this game. They want to torture each other, revealing the truths they hide. There could be a main reason, not just by a game, but why they put people on risk just for an entertainment?

It is not the usual game you have seen before; it's a battle of lives, freedom and truths.

"What happened? Why we're here?" I looked upon the surroundings; it's not the place I've been before I got hit. "Erense..."

She took a deep breathe; I don't get it why she have to do that. I'm just asking, "We've come from augmented reality. All of the things we did, the people we see us weren't true. They we're just program, so we'll know that we live in a reality where they impose their technologies."

I shook my head in confusion, "why would they do that?"

"That's the question we should find an answer."

Muli naman akong nanahimik at naalala ko na naman ang nangyari. Ibigsabihin, hindi totoo ang nangyari kay Marco? Ibigsabihin ba no'n ay hindi ko siya pinatay? Is there a hope to see him again, alive? I can't explain my feelings right now.

Napansin ko naman si Risel na parang bato na nakatayo sa isang kama. Pinilit ko namang tumayo saka ako inalalayan ni Erense. Lumapit naman kaming dalawa kay Risel at kinausap kung anong meron dito.

Dahil sa kuryusidad ko rin ay ako na mismo ang nagbukas ng telang nagtatakip sa mga iyon. Hindi ko naman inaasahan na sa pag-alis ko ng telang iyon ay sila ang makikita ko. Agad kong nabitawan ang tela at napaatras na lamang ng makitang si Oxene iyon.

Dali dali namang lumapit si Erense at pinulsuhan niya ito, agad naman siyang umiling ng wala siyang maramdaman dito.

"Shit! I'm with her when she was killed." Risel said.

Erense removed the second cloth abruptly we saw Kathaleen in no sign of breathing. She's dead too. I remembered the moment she sacrifices herself to get Marco and I live. The last cloth remained covered. Wala ni isa sa amin ang gustong magbukas ng telang iyon.

"I can't do it..." alam ko naman kasi na si Marco ang makikita ko kapag inalis ko ang telang iyon.

Mas lalo lang akong masasaktan dahil mismong ako ang gumawa no'n sa kanya. I don't remember anything. I am not on myself when that triggers happened. I don't know why I killed him.